• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Little Brother G1

Petro712

Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Minnesota
I am looking into a new pack. Ive been using a USMC FILBE Assault pack for a few years. It has about 2300 cu/in of storage.

Im looking to improve in a few areas.
1) Having the ability to carry a rifle on my back.
2) Back load, not loaded from the top.
3) MOLLE attachment points.
4) Ability to carry moderately heavy loads comfortably.

With these thoughts I initially looked at the X3 lo drag. Then I thought about building up a G1 Little Brother w/ an A4SS scabbard. Pack is advertised to similar in size to the Assault Pack. The G1 would allow for the scabbard to be removed if not needed. The pack appears to keep everything easily accessible as it is loaded similar to a suit case. I also like the MOLLE attachments and the pouches on the side. Looks like they would support a tripod really well.

Anyone have experience with this pack or a similar setup?

Great set up. I like it better than the built in scabbard models because of the flexibility.
Another option would be the SkyCrane. It comes with the little bother and adds even more flexibility. Also is much better for heavy loads. Even integrates with the A4SS scabbard.
Dont forget to get a waist belt if you get a little brother. It doesn't come with one.

I think I will be ordering the G1 and an A4SS.

Will any Eberlestock hipbelt work with the G1?

Anyone know how much the Endo frame helps?

Good places to buy Eberlestock accessories?

I believe any of their belts will work but I'd email to verify.
No knowledge of the endo frame helping.
Mile High sells Eberlestock and is a Hide vendor. If you are Mil/LEO check Promotive.

I am LEO.

Can't get the endo frame or the small hip belt in military green on experticity.com (old promotive).

Im trying to find both accesories through a different vendor.

I usually don't review or critique items but I couldn't find much on the G1 Little Brother when I was looking. Here are my thoughts.

My Eberlestock G1 and A4SS scabbard arrived a few days ago. I have been able to organize all of my gear but have not deployed or trained with this pack yet.

Initial impressions are good! A few things to point out. The padding is good in the low back and shoulder blade area. There is plenty of MOLLE inside and out to attach accessory pouches. The interior has 4 small elastic pockets in the bottom. There are hydration sleeves built into the back. An additional sleeve on top of those that uses a mesh panel and buckled straps to secure items. I'm not sure what this is for but it holds my ballistic panel very well. On the outside there are two buckled cinch straps on either side with large pockets at the base of the pack. These have a cinch cord to take up the extra material that is not needed. I would guess the pouches could hold an item about the size of a 2L bottle. There is a sleeve on the exterior of the front panel (7"x12") that easily holds my data book. Finally, there is a nice sized accessory pouch built into the lid of what would be the top loading portion of this bag.

In the pack I was able to stow the items you see in pics with room to make organizing easy if you are trying to pack up and move quickly. Items include the following.

IIIA ballistic panel
Rain poncho
Urban hide kit
Gas mask
Scarf
Food/Water
Spotting scope
Tripod
Chair
Rear bags
PVS-18
PVS-23
Skull crusher
Viper hood (secured to bottom with straps)
PVS-22 (external accessory pouch)
PAS-31 (external accessory pouch)

Along with this pack I also set up the A4SS scabbard. Initial thoughts on this.... I'm not sure I like it, but more on that in a bit. The Little Brother pack easily accepts this scabbard. The scabbard is adjustable using velcro and buckled straps to accommodate different thicknesses in rifles. It has some sort of material sewn in that makes it slightly stiff. There is also a small amount of padding to protect your weapon. A good amount of MOLLE on this allows you to attach backpack straps and pouches to turn it into a dedicated weapon carrier. Also, there is a butt cover included with the scabbard. I haven't taken the time to figure that thing out.

Now, back to not liking it. This is mainly due to my weapon setup. With the NV mount and PEQ-15 mounted it creates a bulge in the area of my low back when carried muzzle down. If I turn the rifle and carry it muzzle up, it rides too high. The butt of the rifle is a little too wide and does not sit in the bottom of the scabbard.

I have considered selling the scabbard but would like to try the Eberlestock Ripcord system first.

Attached are a few pictures to show the pack and its setup.

Attachments

• 20170328_073501.jpg
    20170328_073501.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 20170328_073418.jpg
    20170328_073418.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 20170328_073453.jpg
    20170328_073453.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 20170328_071433.jpg
    20170328_071433.jpg