• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Mini-Me Hydration pack or?

Glassaholic

Optical theorist and conjecturer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Panhandle, FL
    Anyone have experience with the Eberlestock Mini-Me? What other smallish hydration packs have you found beneficial for short hikes? Many of them seem somewhat flimsy but the Dagger and Mini-Me seem built pretty nicely.

I have both. The mini me can be combined with a scabbard to make a very small lightweight gun pack.

I have both. The mini me can be combined with a scabbard to make a very small lightweight gun pack.
    I saw that with the mini-me, have you actually set it up that way and how was the comfort level? This was one reason I was leaning toward the Mini-me, Eberlestock also mentions their hydration bladders have a glass type lining, have you noticed this helping with the "taste". Thanks TD

Reactions: LAR Dragoon
    I saw that with the mini-me, have you actually set it up that way and how was the comfort level? This was one reason I was leaning toward the Mini-me, Eberlestock also mentions their hydration bladders have a glass type lining, have you noticed this helping with the "taste". Thanks TD
    I use geiggerig bladders. I honestly don’t know about the eberlestock ones. I have set it up that way with the scabbard. It’s ok. I have a bigger than average frame so it’s not ideal as the straps are a bit small.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Glassaholic
    I use geiggerig bladders. I honestly don’t know about the eberlestock ones. I have set it up that way with the scabbard. It’s ok. I have a bigger than average gram so it’s not ideal as the straps are a bit small.

They have to stop letting the Vietnamese that sew their gear determine the sizes.

A small Vc is a child.

A medium Vc is a 12 year old.

A large Vc is a metrosexual teenager.

An XL Vc is an overweight teenager.

My Estock GSII suffers from smallitis.

Reactions: plong
    They have to stop letting the Vietnamese that sew their gear determine the sizes.

A small Vc is a child.

A medium Vc is a 12 year old.

A large Vc is a metrosexual teenager.

An XL Vc is an overweight teenager.

My Estock GSII suffers from smallitis.
    Yeah. There was some talk of bringing it back and becoming berry compliant again. Not sure where Glenn is in that.

I use geiggerig bladders. I honestly don’t know about the eberlestock ones. I have set it up that way with the scabbard. It’s ok. I have a bigger than average frame so it’s not ideal as the straps are a bit small.
    The Mini-me seems more utilitarian, would you agree - or out another way, if I need to carry a bit more would the Mini-me be able to accommodate easier?

The Mini-me seems more utilitarian, would you agree - or out another way, if I need to carry a bit more would the Mini-me be able to accommodate easier?
    Yes. The dagger is better suited when attached to a main bag.

I have one of these. I like it. It's made in Israel. Very good quality. I also got the Universal adapter for filling. One of the guy's I train with say's it comes with it now but I don't see that on the website.

I've never heard of these hydrating packs.
    I think it should be helpful.
    What do you think about intravenous hydration? I have read a lot about this therapy, and I want to try it. I am constantly taking a lot of medications for my illness. Because of this, I am experiencing some health problems. My immune system is significantly weakened because of this disease. This therapy would help strengthen my immune system. I'm wondering if anyone here has done this therapy. I would like to get some advice about this.

Last edited:
    I’ve got a mini-me and the biggest complaint is the amount of space the rolled up game bag takes up at the bottom of the pack. If you‘re not using it for packing out animals the game bag is unnecessary. I cut mine out.

Bringing this one back a bit, I really like the looks of the Acquamira.
    https://www.aquamira.com/product/tactical-rigger-multicam/

Also wondering if I'd be just as well served to have a smaller assault style pack and throw a bunch of water bottles in there. I like the idea of a more streamlined hydration pack but curious what more experienced guys have to say. Will be strapped to a Crye JPC 1 if it matters.