• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock New Modular Range/Competition Bag?

Clem

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2019
I really want Eberlestock to make a lightweight modular range/competition bag that fits on their frame system. Similar to the Vapor series in that it's very lightweight and integrates seamlessly with the Mainframe (via zipper and/or buckles), BUT something with more compartmentalization and organization on the inside. As it stands, the Vapor is more like a duffle bag that attaches to the mainframe -- just a large open space.

Something akin to this by another company would be the Stone Glacier Kiowa 3200. It's touted as being a superior range and competition bag and very lightweight for what it is. Sure I could shell out and grab one of these, but I'm already rocking the Eberlestock modular system and really loving it and want to build upon it. I get that there are a lot of differing opinions about this, but for me it feels comfy and it just works.

It was suggested to me that I get the G1 Little Brother from Eberlestock and that's a step in the right direction, but there are some downsides: 1) It's heavy. It's 4 lbs which essentially doubles the weight of my empty bag with the mainframe, and on top of that, 2) it doesn't have near the volume of something like the Kiowa or the Vapor. 3) It has it's own straps and pads, etc which adds to said weight. If it were solely intended for the modular frame system, they could cut all that and save weight and add internal cubic inches. Lastly, 3) the integration into the modular frame system seems like more of an afterthought and not a specific choice like the Vapor.

Any Eberlestock users out that have any thoughts or additions?

Anyone at Eberlestock listening and want to make my day by telling me it's on the way?