• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EBR subsonic ammo

feely1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2007
Texas, USA
Has anyone had problems with Engel ballistics subsonic ammo? I have had some recent problems with 7.62 thumper rounds. yesterday I got a photo from someone with an exploded ar. Subsonic round did not exit rifle (EBR 5.56 ammo), second round split barrel.

Re: EBR subsonic ammo

I've shot both and had no issues. I've shot close to 500 rounds of the .308 thumper and its all been good. It only shoots about 1.5-2MOA out of my rifle but its very consistent.

I've shot about 150-200 rounds of the 5.56 Stealth in my AR. They shoot really well but are a little slow.

I always ensure i see a bullet impact before i fire the next shot when I shoot subsonic rounds. A buddy had a 9mm round of Special K get stuck in his 9mm AR and nearly caused a serious situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always ensure i see a bullet impact before i fire the next shot when I shoot subsonic rounds.
</div></div>

+1 stood right there and yelled "KNOCK IT OFF, CEASE FIRE, STOP" to a friend of mine that was shooting subs in his AR.
He was busy shooting and didn't notice that he had no impact on the prior shot. Scared the crap out of me until he stopped and looked over.
Sure as shit there was a 55gr. stuffed about halfway down the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: feely1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone had problems with Engel ballistics subsonic ammo? I have had some recent problems with 7.62 thumper rounds. yesterday I got a photo from someone with an exploded ar. Subsonic round did not exit rifle (EBR 5.56 ammo), second round split barrel. </div></div>

What are the problems you are experiencing?

I have shot and sold several cases of the 7.62 sub loads. really have had no issues other than the last case had some sort of problems with the brass necks. Had a round not leave the barrel, sent several boxes back to EBR and they replaced them. I am not complaining about the product, great ammo. Just curios about people having similar issues. Thanks for your help.

I have it. Not impressed with it. It barely goes 70 yards out of my rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have .308 Thumper. No issues whatsoever. I would suggest contacting EBR directly. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">+1</span>

I have shot a good bit of .308 Thumper and 7.62x39 Jackhammer from EBR and I've not experience any problems.

Junk ammo.I have seen several guns with ruined barrels. One HK that Whit himself stuck several bullets in, then fired a full power load in and split the barrel. I have been given several boxes of it and it went in the trash.