• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EC Barrel tuner on Bergara B14R

fsole1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2021
Florida
Have somebody tried EC tuner on Bergara B14R steel barrel?, I got in touch with Cortina Precision and they told me that lot of shooters have ordered tuners for the Bergara B14R but I was not able to find any review about EC tuner with thread adapter on any web site, forum or youtube. Could somebody please to write a review? Thks

3 guys at my club use them they all work as they should. The tuner w/ adapter is louder as it acts as a blip tube. Its not over the barrel and muzzle flush with the end. Its an extension of the barrel for about 1.5-2". The tuner as far as tuners go it works as it should. Just install and follow the tuning process and you will find what works.

3 guys at my club use them they all work as they should. The tuner w/ adapter is louder as it acts as a blip tube. Its not over the barrel and muzzle flush with the end. Its an extension of the barrel for about 1.5-2". The tuner as far as tuners go it works as it should. Just install and follow the tuning process and you will find what works.
Thank you Defender32.

Could you please ask them to send an accuracy test/report before and after the EC tuner?

I am shooting pretty decent groups with my Bergara B14R steel barrel, I am shooting benchrest with no barrel tuner at 50 yards with SK std+, Vortex Golden Eagle scope, 14 oz two stage TT. I want to improve my groups but most important than that, it is to do them more often, so I am in between EC Tuner or Harrell rimfire tuner with a longer and smooth new thread protector for clamping the Harrell tuner on it or maybe just to spend more money in a better ammo than SK std+.

Best thing to do is send or take your rifle to Lapua and have it lot tested.

If all your doing is benmchrest a barrels tuner was designed around the benchrest game.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbo2
The EC tuner works..but from my experience, if you lot test you do not need one. I could not better, my best lot tested ammo with the tuner..If you have ammo that has good sd's..but for some reason just doesnt shoot well in your gun..then throw on the tuner, and you can make it work. It will get the whip and the speed (timing) of the bullet in tune..It will not make bad ammo good.

So my lady's rig, a b14R shot eley match pretty sub par, as they're known not to like eley ammo, more sk/lapua oriented chamber. I was able to tune the rifle qith eley match and an ats 1/2-28 comp tuner to shoot consistently 0.6-0.8" 5 shot groups at 100y. She'd never shot a match, let alone a rifle much, and went 50% on the months nrl22 course of fire on Saturday. If she was prone or in solid position, she hit everything, even the small 1/4" target on the kyl at 50y. Tuners work no matter what people say.

I added a Harrell AR15 tuner to my B14R a few months ago. I chose the AR15 version because it was only $100 and it was a direct thread instead of clamp style. I didn't do any scientific method with math and measurements and such--just shot a few groups, dialed some and shot a few more groups......I found a couple of nodes that improved the groups vs a naked muzzle, but on a setting of 124, my 50 and 100 yard groups shrank by a LOT and I also stopped getting random fliers.

Similar results to 406shootist. I went from 50% hit rate on the 1/4" at 50 yards to 'I can't believe how easy this is'. After installing and dialing in the tuner, I only seem to miss when I screw up my fundamentals and I can usually identify what I did wrong as soon as the trigger breaks

Attachments

• tuner pic 2.jpg
    tuner pic 2.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Have somebody tried EC tuner on Bergara B14R steel barrel?, I got in touch with Cortina Precision and they told me that lot of shooters have ordered tuners for the Bergara B14R but I was not able to find any review about EC tuner with thread adapter on any web site, forum or youtube. Could somebody please to write a review? Thks
Some thoughts on barrel tuners as I don't agree with some of the reply's to your OP. There are a lot of tuners being built today and I'm sure they all work basically the same. Having said that, there probably isn't one any better than a Standard Harrels. If Your barrel won't respond to a Harrels. It won't respond to anything else. Your barrel needs to be at least 22 in long for a tuner to be effective. Lot testing ammo is not an alternative to barrel tunning. Tuners are used to improve accuracy no matter what discipline you shoot. They're not just for benchrest. If my barrel was threaded which by the way I would never do, I would consider a thread on tuner but definitely not a ported one as pictured in one reply .Ports are used to reduce recoil and are useless on a 22lr, but what they will do is carbon up and change point of aim and accuracy. Ports must be kept clean and that can be a real pain in the ass for no useful reason!

I have Eric’s tuner on my carbon barrel Bergara. It went from an excellent rifle to a phenominal rifle, and I’m still playing with the tuner. My Bergara LOVES SK in the black and red box. This rifle will be going to Lapua soon to see exactly how good it can get.