• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ec tuner brake on rimfire

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Wondering if people have tried the ec tuner brake on a 22lr and if results are similar to the ec tuner. I prefer the looks of the tuner brake so thinking of throwing it on my new rimfire build

I don't know why it wouldn't work. I know people are putting brakes infant of ATS tuners and it works just fine. I like my EC Tuner brake on the 6 Creed. I use the Standard 1.25 on 1 barrel and a tapered EC Tuner on another barrel for my RimX.

I don't know why it wouldn't work. I know people are putting brakes infant of ATS tuners and it works just fine. I like my EC Tuner brake on the 6 Creed. I use the Standard 1.25 on 1 barrel and a tapered EC Tuner on another barrel for my RimX.

That kind of what I was thinking. I m going to grab one of the two but prefer the look of the tuner brake to the tuner only reason why I was looking

I have the EC tuner (not brake) on my 22" Kukri vudoo (and had the same one on my 18" MTU vudoo) and it works well. It won't make inconsistent ammo more consistent but it can tighten up groups with good ammo (SK match, Eley match, Lapua Center X, etc).

But I'm not sure there's enough muzzle blast from a 22LR at these lengths for a tuner brake to be effective. If you like the looks, go for it! Just might not do anything for muzzle rise ;-)

I have the EC tuner (not brake) on my 22" Kukri vudoo (and had the same one on my 18" MTU vudoo) and it works well. It won't make inconsistent ammo more consistent but it can tighten up groups with good ammo (SK match, Eley match, Lapua Center X, etc).

But I'm not sure there's enough muzzle blast from a 22LR at these lengths for a tuner brake to be effective. If you like the looks, go for it! Just might not do anything for muzzle rise ;-)

I run sk and Lapua ammo only. This isn’t for any effect for the brake part, just purely for looks. I’d like to try a tuner but don’t like the look of most. The ec tuner brake is aesthetically pleasing, but don’t want to waste the additional cost I’d the effect of the tuner would be better then the tuner brake on a rimfire

Reactions: STex
One thing to watch for with brakes on a rimfire is the accumulation of crap around the baffles. It happens much faster than with a centerfire IME.
I have a Harrel's AR Tuner on a Tikka T1x because it was threaded and couldn't use their normal rimfire tuner. It does work, but if I were to do it over I'd go with a regular EC Tuner and thread adapter.

I went for a tuner/brake combo simply for looks. I have the exact same centerfire setup so it just mimics the look.

Cadex mx-1 mini brake
Ats tuner

IMG_20220613_123042_845.jpg

@6.5SH

I'm running the same tuner and you ain't kidding! That thing gets loaded with carbon/lead pretty quick. It's a PITA to clean, but my results have been stellar

b14r with tac22.jpg

Reactions: 6.5SH
@6.5SH

I'm running the same tuner and you ain't kidding! That thing gets loaded with carbon/lead pretty quick. It's a PITA to clean, but my results have been stellar

View attachment 7901747
Mine is the 2 port side exit model, but I can see where the spiral model would be even worse in that regard. I agree the tuner works.