• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EC Tuner Thread Adapter

Gunfighter716

Got Bourbon?
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have been researching tuner options for my new Vudoo build and decided to go with the EC Tuner (tapered version). Until now, the EC Tuner required you to have your barrel specifically threaded for it. However, I recently found that Erik now offers 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 thread adapters for barrels already threaded at the muzzle. Figured I would share as this would be another option besides the ATS for threaded barrels. I just prefer the more seamless look of the EC Tuner over the ATS, but you lose the ability to mount a suppressor which is not really an issue with most moving away from them for precision work.

https://erikcortina.com/store/ols/products/ec-tuner-thread-adapter

Good to know. I’m still debating on whether or not it’s worth the money. Let us know how this one turns out.

Good to know. I’m still debating on whether or not it’s worth the money. Let us know how this one turns out.
Will do once everything comes in. Tuner is on backorder and also waiting on the new Vudoo that it will go on. I'm right there with you on being worth it or not and I contemplated jumping in on using a tuner, but I'll see what results I can get from it after going through the process.

Nice would like to see your results also. been contemplating putting a tunner on my vudoo also. Would like to see what it looks like in your vudoo. Is your barrel a kukru contour?

Nice would like to see your results also. been contemplating putting a tunner on my vudoo also. Would like to see what it looks like in your vudoo. Is your barrel a kukru contour?
Funny you ask that as I am contemplating changing it from the MTU as it is currently ordered to the Kukri which should make it easier to tune.

Funny you ask that as I am contemplating changing it from the MTU as it is currently ordered to the Kukri which should make it easier to tune.
Awesome idea.. I’m glad I went with a kukri as it balances very well, also has a nice aesthetic too. I think a mtu would of been alittle much for my preference on a 22

Playing devils advocate here:

If it's easier to tune, then wouldn't it also be easier to get out of tune 🤨

Wouldn't you want a stiffer barrel with "better harmonics" for more stability in the "node"?

Playing devils advocate here:

If it's easier to tune, then wouldn't it also be easier to get out of tune 🤨

Wouldn't you want a stiffer barrel with "better harmonics" for more stability in the "node"?
Hence the reason for contemplating changing from the MTU plus the additional advantage of better balance in the Foundation Centurion Light stock that it is going in. No matter which direction, there's a compromise.

I have decided to stick with the MTU for what I also believe will be "better harmonics" but also the way EC Tuner with the adapter is placing the weight in front of the muzzle which should lead to improved tunability even though it's a stiffer barrel vs the Kukri.

At the end of the day, it's all an experiment which makes it fun to try out different things and see what results we get.

Reactions: kthomas
At the end of the day, it's all an experiment which makes it fun to try out different things and see what results we get.
Yes. A buddy of mine has a Harrell clamp-on tuner for which he created a threaded adapter. He hasn't used it in quite some time so I borrowed it and have tinkered with it on my gen-1 Vudoo and CZ-455 "Tacticool" mounted in an MDT chassis.

The tuner didn't do much if anything for the Vudoo, for which I have an ample supply of lot-tested Center-X. But it cut the CZ's groups by almost half - from average 0.5-0.6" groups to 0.3" at 50 yards - using that same Center-X. At 100, I'm getting consistent sub-MOA groups with the CZ. This performance is on par with the Vudoo's accuracy.

I haven't done what I would call thorough development with the tuner. I expended no more than 25-50 rounds for each rifle. It may well be that the "zero" position was already close to optimal for the CZ (I ended up at 15, and a click or two either way makes a measurable difference) and I just didn't want to burn a lot of ammo chasing improvement on my already-good Vudoo. That's not to say I won't try in the near future.

Reactions: Gunfighter716
Not a Vudoo but a Rim-X but I went with the Harrell's Precision tuner brake
IMG_20210406_193559_024.jpg

What's the weight of that Harrell's? What improvement have you seen in your group size with it being on the heavy contour barrel?
Here is a good thread. I did see improvements but it already shot really well prior to adding it.