• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2012
    Eastern, NC
    Any suggestions on a good edc belt? I have a alien gear with the steel inner and find it too thick and stiff. I want stiff but not to that level.

Been thinking of Kore Essentials X4 or their buffalo leather one.

Any experience or other suggestions? Carry a p938 and p07 appendix if that helps suggestions.

BeltMan Belts are the best

I have two and no longer use them for daily wear for several reasons:
    • Leather eventually loses its rigidity (one of mine is almost too soft by now)
    • Discreet adjustments (holes) are always either too tight or too loose
    • Their thickness makes clips or pull-the-dot straps harder to fasten than they should be
    I still wear them for the rare occasions when a nylon belt looks out of place and I wear something that lets the front of the belt show (like a sport coat). But for 99% of the time I carry, the Ares Aegis or Recycled Firefighter EDC perform significantly better in both comfort and weapon support and both will be as stiff 10 years from now as they were when new.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
    I have several Kore Essential belts and love them. Very rigid, but they don't feel as bad as my leather gun belts.

I bought a Nexbelt to compare to them.

The fit and finish of the Nexbelt is nicer. I also like the supreme buckle because it's so small.
    Overall, the Kore is stiffer and seems more durable.
    It's really kind of a toss up between the two. I think for ruggedness and very casual wear, the Kore wins. For overall versatility, the Nexbelt wins.

Since you Appendix carry, I'd highly suggest the NexBelt Supreme. The small buckle makes it nice and doesn't interfere with placment of your clips/holster.

Reactions: southerngolfer
    Second Beltman.

Get the horsehide.

Mine is still carrying a Combat Commander without sag 10 years on.

Whats more impressive is that Ive kept the pizza intake at a measure so that I can still wear this belt ten years on.
    They say you can’t outwork your diet...but my beltman still fits...despite the pastries, beer, and pizza here 😂

Double stitch with a stiffener and a black and silver buckle. Perfect for suit days as well as range/EDC days. Pretty sure I only found out about them from this site. Worth every dollar.

I bought a Nexbelt to compare to them.
    on advice from another forum, i bought a nexbelt a few months ago and i have been pleased with it. reasonably stiff, and the micro-adjustability is really nice. real easy to cinch up and then cinch out. no issues with my aiwb g43x carry and i wear it when not carrying also.

Another Beltman user. I've used those belts for over twenty years, think I've bought three. I prefer horsehide. The company has changed hands three times, but the quality remains the same. Yes, leather will lose rigidity, but it takes a decade or so. I guess I'm old fashioned. I prefer a stiff leather belt and a Sparks Summer Special over nylon.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    Once you go click belt you will never go back to a normal belt. I have tried a few. KORE seems to be the best

I’ve been using the same 5.11 TDU belt for over a decade and it’s still holding up. I got it as an alternative when not wearing an undershirt or tucked shirt since it has a plastic buckle and the cheap metal for buckles that everyone uses gives me a rash on my stomach. I wear it almost every day, the only time I don’t where it is when I wear a suit. It’s held up longer than any leather belt I’ve ever had by far and was like $20. It’s also not annoyingly thick like a lot of the tactical belts are.

I've had this for a year so far wear it 12+ hours a day with work gear which is somewhat heavy, hasn't stretched faded or otherwise wore. Other belts start to fail about 6 months in.

Reactions: MJF
    I use a Wilderness and like it a lot easy to adjust the size, they have three stiffness levels I use the five stitch and its just right for me, like it a lot better than the leather belts I've used for years.

Reactions: scott289
    I was issued a Galco SB6 fancy stitch that I still have 10 years later. Works great and has stood the test of time. I have also bought three Beltman belts as it used to be right around the corner from me. Horsehide and elephant have both maintained their form and work well in slacks or jeans. I highly recommend them both. Holster and how you carry are equally as important;

I've had this for a year so far wear it 12+ hours a day with work gear which is somewhat heavy, hasn't stretched faded or otherwise wore. Other belts start to fail about 6 months in.

Same here. I wear the Kydex core one all day every day, lay around the couch when I get home, hunt/fish, whatever. Into year 3 and no complaints. Weight bearing is great. It is thicker than most, but it just helps the clips on holsters and whatever else to not rattle around. You're damn sure you're not gonna shakr anything loose.

I wear an insulin pump on it literally 100% of the time and you can't see any rub marks from the same molded clip you see on tons of holsters. Carry 100% of the time I'm out of the house and not at work.

Have a nice leather (forgot cow or horsehide) belt busted the stitches between the two leather layers. Love the ferro concepts belt but may not be rigid enough for ccw.

Definitely want an infinitely adjustable. My luck is im always between two holes with and without gun. Ive punched a lot of extras holes in belts for this reason.

Been looking at the nexbelt, kore and recycled firefighter belt.

For those who have the nexbelt...it says adjustable for 50" waists but im a 32/33. How much extra crap am i going to have over hanging. Doesnt seem to be a size selection. I like the narrow belt buckle...typically i need to shift the buckle left one belt loop instead of in front. Was thinking this may solve that issue.

I have an Ares Aegis belt that I've worn almost daily over the last 4 years. One tough belt that's taken tons of abuse.

I bought a second one as a back-up 2 years ago, and it's still sitting in the packaging.

Their buckle system is "infinitely" adjustable.

Reactions: 308pirate
    So mine was made by a guy that got killed for fucking someone else's wife at a gunshow...

He did a GREAT job though!

Soft, flexible cow hide... But two layers double stitched makes it so it's soft and "loose" like a regular belt but simply WILL NOT fold over. Thick enough to fit the holster belt loops exactly, not so thick they don't fit the pant loops. Custom is surely the way to go if it's a possibility.

Now if I had to order one from someone, I'd for sure get the Milt Sparks belt, they take that shit seriously and their VM2 holsters are just the end all be all for IWB carry IMO. Well made, well thought out. Will probably last a lifetime like the one I have.

For interim or for a backup, I like the Galco belt. Nothing special, it's relatively cheap, thin and looks more like a cheap walmart belt than does the custom or Milt Sparks belt. It's two thin layers of leather (or something that looks like leather?) with a piece of stiff plastic inbetween. It gets it done and way better than just a belt.

Definitely want an infinitely adjustable. My luck is im always between two holes with and without gun. Ive punched a lot of extras holes in belts for this reason.

For those who have the nexbelt...it says adjustable for 50" waists but im a 32/33. How much extra crap am i going to have over hanging. Doesnt seem to be a size selection. I like the narrow belt buckle...typically i need to shift the buckle left one belt loop instead of in front. Was thinking this may solve that issue.

The NexBelt and Kore come in separate pieces. The belt will have markings on the back in inches. You simply cut the belt to your size and then insert that cut end in to the buckle.

you can cut it down as far as you want, easy peasy

The NexBelt and Kore come in separate pieces. The belt will have markings on the back in inches. You simply cut the belt to your size and then insert that cut end in to the buckle.
    i didn't trust the numbers. i just cut it back a little at a time til i had my desired overhang.

i didn't trust the numbers. i just cut it back a little at a time til i had my desired overhang.

I agree. They recommend adding 2 inches and then cutting. I found that was still too long for me, even with IWB. So trial and error is your friend.

Of course, start long and go from there.

Put the Ares Aegis on your list.

Reactions: Noob Sammich
    I agree. They recommend adding 2 inches and then cutting. I found that was still too long for me, even with IWB. So trial and error is your friend.

Of course, start long and go from there.
    Plus 1 for kore. Trauma shears make adjustments fast and clean. Then, adjust shorter until it’s right for you. Love the micro-adjust.

Juicy... Fucked the wife at the gunshow or killed at a gunshow for fucking the wife at a different time/place? Did he fuck the wife at the gunshow then get killed at the same gunshow?
    1605819432956.gif

That and did he do it with a belt he made?

• Haha
    Reactions: impactaddict
    Any suggestions on a good edc belt? I have a alien gear with the steel inner and find it too thick and stiff. I want stiff but not to that level.

Been thinking of Kore Essentials X4 or their buffalo leather one.

Any experience or other suggestions? Carry a p938 and p07 appendix if that helps suggestions.