• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pewpew300WM

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2019
West Central PA
I’m in the market for a G19 or clone, torn between buying a gen5 and building or just buying a gucci one already and being done. For anyone who went the gucci route, who’d you go with and why? Seems like there is an endless amount of shops building them these days. I’m not looking for nothing crazy, stipple job, rmr cut slide, flared mag well, nice trigger, and anything extra is really a plus. It’ll be my EDC as I have a kimber ultra carry ii and glock 20 but want to find something in the middle of them.

All of what you posted is essentially useless information. I’m not looking to impress anyone, the stipple job isn’t for someone to notice, more for a better grip you know? As for the rmr cut, why not improve accuracy and target acquisition? Then to the trigger why wouldn’t you want a shorter pull, potentially less weight that could easily help with accuracy? Yeah factory glocks are great and reliable, but better grip, improved accuracy and faster target acquisition doesn’t seem like bad idea for an edc. Maybe I’m crazy but when seconds count it only makes sense for some upgrades as it could be the difference in surviving.

Good advice from smart people. Range? Fuck with it all you want. EDC? Stock. I have a few Glock range toys that were fun to build and fun to shoot, but for EDC a stock G19. I wouldn't even replace the sights. If you need sights to shoot someone you're going to jail for murder.

Good advice from smart people. Range? Fuck with it all you want. EDC? Stock. I have a few Glock range toys that were fun to build and fun to shoot, but for EDC a stock G19. I wouldn't even replace the sights. If you need sights to shoot someone you're going to jail for murder.
If you don’t use your sights and you shoot the wrong person you are going to jail… Not all gun fights are at 3 feet.

Buy a 19.5 and upgrade the sights/RDS cut.

Spend the rest of the money on ammo and a good pistol class. It will do you more good than any gucci upgrades.

I tend to agree with all the Gucci parts not being needed for EDC. Carry a stock Glock at work, but my EDC is a Shadow Systems. It is a step up from my stock pistol, but not over done in my opinion. Same size a 19, but with better sights, grip angle, and trigger all factory installed.
I was actually looking into the shadow setups. I’m not looking to go full gucci by any means, quite honestly the shadow checks a lot of boxes of what I’m looking for.

Factory grips aren't slippery

You aren't going to even see the sights, much less use an RMR when you are fighting off an attacker

And you are not going to have any recollection of pulling the trigger, much less how nice the break is.

Take all the money to you are going to spend tarting up the Glock, and take a good simunition class instead...

Knowing how you react after being punched in the face....or knowing how to retain your weapon while grappling with someone for minutes is going to do you FAR more good than anything you can bolt to your gun.

For EDC, you don't need a gun that'll shave a .05 seconds off your split times....you need a gun that'll go bang every time.

Like I said, you aren't even going to notice your sights or feel how clean that trigger breaks......but you will notice a click when you were expecting a bang.
All of that would be great and true with a minimal distance attack but then again it doesn’t always occur up close. I believe I need to reword my post, my impression of a gucci setup is similar to a shadow systems setup not a complete tear down and addition of tons of aftermarket parts on the Glock base.

If you don’t use your sights and you shoot the wrong person you are going to jail… Not all gun fights are at 3 feet.
If you’re in Law Enforcement or the Military I would agree. As a private citizen carrying for self-defense, sights are an offensive tool. It may depend on what State you live in so I won’t disagree with your statement but where I live you better have a good lawyer lined up to explain why you felt your life was threatened at a distance where you needed sights to shoot someone :)

the best way to make a glock unreliable is to fuck with it to "make it better"

buy a stock glock, leave it stock, and itll go bang when you need it to..

the junkie trying to mug you wont care about your fancy stipple job......nor are you going to notice how nice your trigger is when you are fighting for your life.

gucci glock are fine for range toys....but have no business as a tool you bet your life on.
^^^ this.

I just got back from a pistol class where the instructor demonstrated a really slow 2 second draw stroke for example. He then used a blank firing trainer to do some scenarios with students (which he beat with his 2 second draw). Action is faster than reaction and tactics beat skill. The reason for this drill was to show how shot timers and range drills can program you to do the wrong thing in real life. On the range the answer is always draw and fire , in the scenario, the answer was survive first (get to cover) and then draw. I just picked up a totally stock g19, and put a tlr-7a on it. The rest of my money is going to ammo and more training.

Getting your grip textured/stippled definitely is not a waste of money if you prefer more texture than they come with.

These two pistols have proven to be totally reliable and as accurate as my Gen 5 Glock 19. Absolutely no regrets or issues with them. Shadow Systems will also becoming out with slide optic cuts for closed emitter sights like the ACRO, Holosun 509T and Steiner in the near future.

OoKFON5h.jpg

Not my EDC, but I’m a huge fan of stippling Glock or other polymer frame pistols, and in the case of my G21, some pretty radical undercuts and fitting to make it feel less like a piece of lumber in my paws.

Makes a huge difference in feel and general handling:

i-rTVRxQW.jpg

The first thing I do with all my Glocks is swap out the trigger and main controls with extended/oversized versions:

i-2j36Nb8.jpg

i-7v37wrg.jpg

…usually just get the parts from the Glock Store, but some from Glock Meister as well; Glockmeister also did the slide on my G21.

i-DR7kvSW.jpg

I’ve got a Gucci 43x, Johnny Glock trigger, Holosun optic, tlr7 Sub and 9/10 I grab my j frame 442 to carry.

Reactions: pewpew300WM
Crazy our new duty gun will be a zev OZ9. We tested the hell out of them and we run more ammo through our handguns in a week then most departments do all year. Besides normal weapons maintenance we didnt have any issues. Ill bet the ammo will be our primary malfunction before the having a part failure. So ill bet my life on a "gucci" gun as long as all of the parts or from a reputable company.

Last edited:
@JimmyJr I would say they are very close. The SS is a tiny bit more accurate but most shooters wouldnt see the difference. The shadow systems trigger is awful I would almost say It was worse then a stock glock. They are hit and miss in the trigger category. That's really the only complaint I would say about them.

@JDB55 nailed it on his writeup.

Last edited:
I have owned Glocks and I now own 2 shadow systems (MR920/XR920). I will never buy another stock Glock again just because this is a Glock imo as it should be. For the price, its what everyone wants to do to their Glocks but for cheaper and their patented (I think it's patented or patent pending) mounting system is superior to everyone else's as it gives you a direct mount with most optics on the market.
They have a stainless steel slide and stainless steel match grade barrel. My experience with the trigger is it's an upgrade to a stock Glock trigger, but not to light of a trigger for edc/duty, it gets better with break in. The back straps actually change the grip angle(which is brilliant) from 1911 to a more neutral CZ or SW to a Glock style as well(3 types). It's stippled well. Double undercut. The sights are night sights that for most optics will give you a co-witness lower 1/3 with an optic.

This isn't meant to be an advertisement, they are just really quality firearms and they have taken the excellent design of the Glock and "maxed it out" without changing it to much. Just my opinion/experience

Last edited:
Correct..... not all gun fights are at 3 feet. However, most, self defense, gunfights beyond 3 feet could have been avoided.

I would personally advise against any extended controls (mag release, slide stop). I don’t claim to be an expert, but it is extremely unlikely that you will need to perform a mag change during an event which in itself is so extremely unlikely to occur.

I would estimate that when weighing the probabilities between needing another 15 9mm rounds, versus the probability that you will be death gripping your firearm in a way thats hard to replicate in training - thereby ejecting your own magazine and getting yourself killed; the latter is probably more likely. Standard controls are fine and probably far safer. Additionally, for an EDC reload - I’d estimate the ability to quickly retrieve your spare magazine, not the size of the release, probably matters far more.

Just food for that, custom guns look cool at least - and that’s half the battle isn’t it?

Reactions: Asiparks
Fucking thank you Jesus Christ the cringe of you won’t see the sights, you won’t feel the trigger break bullshit. I can still see the picture in my head of the first dude I smoked. You’re in the Walmart parking lot and some whacko has a gun and starts shooting people one row over. So pistol fighting logic is I’m so glad I have trash plastic sights let me not aim/get sight picture and have no idea when I’m starting to press my trigger and inadvertently shoot the wrong person because someone in sniper hide said I wouldn’t have a sight picture lol.

Now before the flame fest starts that wasn’t directed at anyone in this thread just a lot of bullshit Iv heard lately and had to vent don’t take anything I said personal, let’s go Brandon.

Edit- I carry a gen 319 with x300/ gen 5 19 rmr and aplc. If you are going to have a pistol for edc a light is hands down the best upgrade you can make and I’ll fight someone over that.

If I'm in a life or death fight within 3 foot radius I'm pulling my knife and slashing and stabbing. Because if I didn't recognize and avoid the threat until that late, I'm probably getting punched already, so plans A through D are fucked....
Good luck making space to draw and gets shots off when you're being punched in the head or your draw has been spotted and you're now wrestling for control of a weapon that only works effectively out of it's front end... Done the force thing enough to know occasionally you may get lucky, but odds are not good.
Chance of getting in a gunfight where you are the targeted victim are about as likely as being a witness to a third party threat in which deliberate aim from a reasonable distance to stop that threat could be justified.

Having stippling or an RDS isn't going to make anything worse and it gives you more options and more flexibility in situations where you can't plan ahead for every variable...

Maybe Gucci Glock was a misnomer, you're just looking to enhance practical functionality rather than Fuqbois your gun

Last edited:
Fucking thank you Jesus Christ the cringe of you won’t see the sights, you won’t feel the trigger break bullshit. I can still see the picture in my head of the first dude I smoked. You’re in the Walmart parking lot and some whacko has a gun and starts shooting people one row over. So pistol fighting logic is I’m so glad I have trash plastic sights let me not aim/get sight picture and have no idea when I’m starting to press my trigger and inadvertently shoot the wrong person because someone in sniper hide said I wouldn’t have a sight picture lol.

Now before the flame fest starts that wasn’t directed at anyone in this thread just a lot of bullshit Iv heard lately and had to vent don’t take anything I said personal, let’s go Brandon.

Edit- I carry a gen 319 with x300/ gen 5 19 rmr and aplc. If you are going to have a pistol for edc a light is hands down the best upgrade you can make and I’ll fight someone over that.

Thank god somebody said it or I was about too... where does this misconceived info come from?

Train with your sights/optic and you will use said sights/optic in real life. Train consistently to do the things you need to do and you will do them in a gunfight. Muscle memory/subconscious processing is a thing.

Never been in a gunfight where I didn't use my sights/aiming device...ONLY because thats the way we trained. Unless you're Bob Munden, train accordingly.

personal experience

I guess our experiences have taught us different things. My experience has taught me that if you train enough, you will habitually do the things you trained. Our brains are wonderful pieces of machinery that we often think we only consciously control. IF you train enough and train properly you're essentially writing code for your brain to default to later on. When adrenaline kicks in and your conscious brain can't process everything, your brain defaults to whatever code was written. When a soldier or person says "I don't remember seeing my sights", that doesn't mean they didn't use their sights. It means their conscious brain has no active recollection of the sight picture.

Now that being said, I PARTLY agree with you. You are more likely to be close to an attacker. You do not HAVE to use your sights. You can be successful without using your sights... but why the hell would you not just train to always use your sights? Why not give your self the biggest advantage possible, both consciously and subconsciously? Write the code to be accurate and your brain will default to that code. The entire concept of repetition and practice/training revolves around this fact.

We are already training for a very rare event....so why would you not train for the even rarer event that you have to take a shot outside 5yds? Theres hundreds of videos and accounts of people taking shots outside 5-10yds...and there's plenty of stories of people MISSING people within 10yds because they don't train enough.

Train to the highest standard and you will default to the highest standard. It's not a question of right vs. wrong... but a question of Good vs. Better

Reactions: impactaddict
My big concern with carrying a "Gucci Glock" is, st some point, God forbid, you might be forced to draw the pistol on a threat. And if you did, someone else might see it. And that would be terribly embarrassing.

The "you won't" nonsense is always so fun. My favorite is "don't worry, you won't hear it". Yeah, you MIGHT experience auditory exclusion and MIGHT not notice at much. But believe me, your ears are going to hear it.

• Haha
My big concern with carrying a "Gucci Glock" is, st some point, God forbid, you might be forced to draw the pistol on a threat. And if you did, someone else might see it. And that would be terribly embarrassing.

The "you won't" nonsense is always so fun. My favorite is "don't worry, you won't hear it". Yeah, you MIGHT experience auditory exclusion and MIGHT not notice at much. But believe me, your ears are going to hear it.
What scares me the most is drawing to stop a threat and someone else that doesn’t see what you see from a different angle perceives you as the threat and plants a hollow point in your back/chest/side/head or any body part. Like a store someone lost it and starts shooting, you draw to defend yourself but someone else does or a cop and they come down an isle and see you start to present the weapon and think you’re the bad guy and boom.

What scares me the most is drawing to stop a threat and someone else that doesn’t see what you see from a different angle perceives you as the threat and plants a hollow point in your back/chest/side/head or any body part. Like a store someone lost it and starts shooting, you draw to defend yourself but someone else does or a cop and they come down an isle and see you start to present the weapon and think you’re the bad guy and boom.
Unfortunately this recently happened to an off duty cop in WA, chasing a perp from his house, got shot by the responding cop....

When that kill switch gets engaged and you clear leather...you stop any and all threats to your life....it doesn't matter of its a terrorist with and AK or some confused do-gooder who misread the scenario...Their fuck up isn't your burden to bear.

Survive and let the courts handle it.
You're assuming the "do gooder" isn't going to shoot you first with the same efficiency you're advocating....
And if you do shoot your assailant, then kill this hapless samaritan, I'm not sure that it won't, in many ways, very much become your burden to bear. "Kill them all and let God decide" doesn't work well in real life.
Unless you're real good at hiding the bodies.

Reactions: camocorvette
You're assuming the "do gooder" isn't going to shoot you first with the same efficiency you're advocating....
And if you do shoot your assailant, then kill this hapless samaritan, I'm not sure that it won't, in many ways, very much become your burden to bear. "Kill them all and let God decide" doesn't work well in real life.
Unless you're real good at hiding the bodies.

There was a scene in the meggs simulator, I pull over a old pickup, old dude hops out and grabs a black cane like you’d grab a shotgun, I shoot him, wife runs out “oh my god he’s been shot” simulation still going I’m thinking she’s going to reach for the “shotgun” too, simulator instructor says “yeah that’s as a cane”, so I pop the old lady, sim instructor laughs and asks why, “no witnesses” lol

Unfortunately this recently happened to an off duty cop in WA, chasing a perp from his house, got shot by the responding cop....

Uhh, so he was a armed person and was chasing another person? Yeah I’d get shot if I did that too. Let the robber go, problem is when people think they are special and get their special card punched.

Dude should have known better

Reactions: BipThatInstance
Uhh, so he was a armed person and was chasing another person? Yeah I’d get shot if I did that too. Let the robber go, problem is when people think they are special and get their special card punched.

Dude should have known better
He caught the perp hiding out in his kitchen, perp stabbed him then took off- I guess being a cop, his instinct was grab the gun and chase the perp down, never imagining, ( as most don't), that to everyone "not him", he's an unknown quantity with a gun....
Rational thought on forums is easy, but IRL people's default seems escalation rather than diffusion.....

Oh, yeah, Glocks- hey OP, Glocks are great, but if you're not already into that ecosystem with mags n' holsters and shite, try a few other striker fired guns if you can.
had Glocks, they were not horrible, but after trying a few others, PPQ, M&P's VP70, Steyrs, I found some of them were a much better fit. Steyr was my favorite, but you're basically stuck with what comes in the box, as the aftermarket is non existent.
I've settled on the CZp10 for a striker pistol.

Last edited:
He caught the perp hiding out in his kitchen, perp stabbed him then took off- I guess being a cop, his instinct was grab the gun and chase the perp down, never imagining, ( as most don't), that to everyone "not him", he's an unknown quantity with a gun....
Rational thought on forums is easy, but IRL people's default seems escalation rather than diffusion.....

My instinct as a pilot is to rotate at a certain speed, I don’t recall yanking on my steering wheel in my car.

He made a very stupid decision

As humans we are expected to be held to a higher standard than pavlov's dogs

Ball out fam 🤷🏼‍♂️ No issues on mine yet, before you carry I’d recommend sending a few hundred rounds through to observe any kind of issues.

Attachments

• 383184EC-6BF7-48BA-B0AC-077814E80345.jpeg
    383184EC-6BF7-48BA-B0AC-077814E80345.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: pewpew300WM
Not sure what you'd consider "gucci" but a lot of the Glocks we had at the various coolguy units I was part of were certainly "gucci" - grip tape, slide mounted/frame mounted optics, suppressors or comps, lights and/or lasers and custom triggers, disconnectors and springs. They never fell apart on us, and I'd like to say that in those units we shot more in a month than most people or PDs shoot in 2 years.

The only thing I think is stupid is the "slide lightening" stay away from that crap. No real need to replace the barrel either unless you need it threaded.

Just practice with what you got, the more shit on your gun the more shit to worry about. You can train yourself on it though, don't let anyone tell your otherwise.

I modified the shit out of my 23.3, until It felt really comfortable to me. Climbing over 7k rounds now, still bone stock internals (hand polished).

Fast forward: EDC is a bone stock 27.4, and I've recently acquired a 23.5 (FTMFW!), and will never go back to modifying my glocks. Absolutely could not be happier with the g4 and especially the g5.

I've always been under the impression; that unless one is already being fired upon, legal engagement distance is ~20'. As that is the distance that, someone with means and motive, needs to be within to do you harm. Waving a bat at 25ft: bad shoot. Holding a knife by the blade, wound up like Nolan Ryan: your life is in danger.

IANAL, and this is worth what you paid. But a handgun is a defensive tool. Unless you compete, why build a handgun to shoot at distances, where a rifle caliber would win every time? If there's a gunfight happening, cover is my first priority. My rifle is next.

I modified the shit out of my 23.3, until It felt really comfortable to me. Climbing over 7k rounds now, still bone stock internals (hand polished).

Fast forward: EDC is a bone stock 27.4, and I've recently acquired a 23.5 (FTMFW!), and will never go back to modifying my glocks. Absolutely could not be happier with the g4 and especially the g5.

I've always been under the impression; that unless one is already being fired upon, legal engagement distance is ~20'. As that is the distance that, someone with means and motive, needs to be within to do you harm. Waving a bat at 25ft: bad shoot. Holding a knife by the blade, wound up like Nolan Ryan: your life is in danger.

IANAL, and this is worth what you paid. But a handgun is a defensive tool. Unless you compete, why build a handgun to shoot at distances, where a rifle caliber would win every time? If there's a gunfight happening, cover is my first priority. My rifle is next.
All great. Stock Glocks rock and roll! And there is no 21’ rule.

Reactions: AMGtuned