• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

myronman3

deez nuts
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2017
Ft. Benning School for Wayward Boys
Whatcha got, and how do you like it? Pros and cons.

I have a streamlight that works off 1 cr123. I think it is 350 lumins. Carried it for years, and the switch burned out on it. Called them up, sent in the old one, they sent me a new one. This sucker has all the black worn off it. While it has been a good light, it’s been a long time since i bought a light, and am looking at lights now. I kinda get tired of buying the cr123 batteries, and the lockout on this one quite working. So it has the nasty habit of coming on in my pocket...i know it’s on because it gets HOT. Lol.

So let’s hear it.

Surefire E1D LED defender
1ED7B6BB-85FC-4995-8F52-00B168B3A3C8.jpeg

pros: light and compact. Plenty bright at 300 lumens.
cons: holes in your back pocket.

Reactions: myronman3
I love my Olights. I got them all during Flash sales, so at least 40% off. 3 weapon lights (Mini, Valkyrie, WarriorX for compact, full-size and rifles, respectively), multiple EDC (H1R headlamp, S1 baton, M2R Warrior), a Seeker 2 Pro searchlight, and a bunch of smaller ones that got thrown in for free with purchases. I find I actually use the headlight most often, walking the dog, working with both hands, etc.

They are easy to use, easy to recharge, nice features while not being over-complicated. No problems with them so far and I've been using them for maybe a couple years now?

I’ve carried a Surefire E2DL for over seven years now and love it. It’s been beat to heck but keeps on ticking, and rarely does a day go by that I don’t use it!

I think the D4 will be more enjoyed out of the 2 mentioned. The UI is great, lots of features and low to crazy output. Only down side with both lights for EDC would be lack of decent clip. If this is not an issue, then the D4 would be my choice.

Hi,

Once again I ask you, is there a reason you are copy and pasting other peoples replies from other forums onto this one?
Nice lead up to scam job :)

Sincerely,
Theis

See post by Ven here:

I carry a streamlight microstream USB, I'm a mechanic and on high at 250 lumens it's plenty adequate for most of my needs. Any time I'm hunting/fishing/camping/whatever else I need I have a streamlight strion hl that does a good job

I’ve carried a surefire E1L for a looooong time.

nothing fancy but it’s handled a lot of abuse and still works.

Streamlight ProTac 2AA, using 2 Energizer Lithium rechargeable batteries. Super convenient size to clip in my pants pocket, and it’s a damn rugged light for $30. Replaced my old one two years ago when it had some cheap AA’s explode in it. Still worked fine, but it was tough to get batteries in and out from the damage...

I’ve used this one since then. The day after I took it out of the package, I dropped it in the gravel driveway and it landed bezel down on a perfectly placed rock which shattered the lens. Even being open to the elements now for over two years it works just fine. I see no reason to replace it until it dies. Love all my Streamlights.

I carry a surefire edcl2-t with thrym switchback. Love it, not too big and not too small. Thankfully it has a low/high setting because the high is brite.

For me light must have the low setting first, hate cycling through high to get to low... the surefire tailcap is a push through momentary on type. Highly recommend.

Fenix PD25 and couldn't be happier. I've carried everyday for about a year and it's more handy than I expected. The included rechargeable battery, you only need a USB mini cable which you likely have a bunch of, is a game changer for me. I've left it or bumped it on in my pocket and killed the battery several times. No worries, you just throw it on any USB mini charging cable and GTG in an hour or so if fully discharged. I got in the habit of recharging it once a week and other than leaving it on by mistake, it has never left me w/o power or take very long to recharge. Super bright on Turbo. And that's the secret to not leaving it on in your pocket. make sure it's on Turbo mode and if you accidentally turn it on, your pocket gets pretty warm. :geek:

You can usually find 20% off coupon code somewhere. Usually right on their website. There's two US distributors. So two websites when you search.

Streamlight.
I had a custom leather carrier made for it and a spare mag by a local holster wizard.
Now it doesnt come on by accident, no holes in pockets, and doesnt bug me at all when sitting.

Guess I dont use it except for shooting practice and rarely for when I need a light. My tool bag has work lights I use for that, so not burning through batteries.

Fenix UC35-V2.0 with Cree LED and 3600 mAH 18650 cell.

DSC00925-1-e1532257257464-1170x550.jpg

It has been my daily carry and in constant use for a year so far and I have plenty of good things to say about it.

PROS:

· Cranks out a blazing 1000 lumens on turbo mode and throws a sweet cone of projection even at extreme long distance.

· Five brightness settings easily controlled by front switch while tail switch powers unit on/off.

· Can use either rechargeable 18650 Li-ion cell or two CR123 units, though battery level indicator does not work with the CR123's.

· Front switch has red/green display that shows how much power is left.

· 3600 mAH is A LOT of power and it has an incredibly long operating duration.

· Built in micro-USB charging port and charging indicator.

...And the only cons that I can think of:

· Headcap and lens heats up pretty quickly on turbo mode, though it is not really necessary unless you are trying to light up an entire outdoor area at night. The lower settings are stupid bright too.

· Once depleted, the battery may be a bitch to charge. Up to 6 hours. However, I carry a couple of extra 3600's precharged in a case ready to go at any time.

· No crenelated strike bezel on this unit unlike some of the other brands of tactical lights, but once again, not really necessary. I got a combat folder that functions quite well as an impactor if ever needed.

I recommend this to anyone who lives by a sturdy and dependable light. You will not be disappointed. Fenix FTW.

Reactions: Cuban Croc
County Comm, copper aaa or titanium aa. Use lithium ion (yes they state not too) batteries instead of alkaline, more lumens and rechargeable

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
County Comm, copper aaa or titanium aa. Use lithium ion (yes they state not too) batteries instead of alkaline, more lumens and rechargeable

I have used Energizer lithiums in all battery operated gear the moment they became available on the market. They do not leak and have an insanely long lifespan and tremendous storage capacity. Alkalines are great... For the past. Battery technology has advanced by miles in recent years and it would be a folly to not upgrade and adapt to it.

Streamlight 1L-1AA. I’ve got half a dozen of them. Inexpensive, durable, and reliable for my needs. As the model name indicates, can use 1 CR123A or 1 AA.

Olight S-15 baton as it has "midnight", low, med, high and strobe. Uses a single AA primary cell or more commonly I rurn a protected Li rechargeable, 14500 from Orbtronic. Magnetic tail comes in handy. Sharp edges on tail cap that had to be addressed.

Olight M1T Raider, single Orbtronic protected Li rechargeable (16340/RCR123). Larger beam if doing things close, need a bright flood light. Two output settings, high and low.

Streamlight Pro-Tac 2L-X, single Orbtronic 18650, 3500mAh, protected Li rechargeable. High, strobe and low output settings. Programmable output.

Streamlight Pro-Tac 1L-1AA, single Orbtronic protected Li rechargeable (16340/RCR123) or a protected Li rechargeable, 14500. Keep one of these in wife's vehicle.

thanks for the replies.

i picked up a streamlight rechargeable protac. that goes in the pack for hunting. too big to be carrying in my pocket.

the olight and the fenix i hadnt seen before, and i have a fenix e16 on the way. That should solve my edc needs. The fenix got the nod because of the two lockout features, and the rechargeable batteries and the ability to use cr123. Interestingly enough, it shows a longer burntime on the cr123 than the rechargeable.

The olight might have a lockout as well, but they didnt think to advertise it if it does. The 5 different settings for brightness is nice, too. It seems like streamlight and surefire are lacking in that department..the really low setting on a light is very useful. Power levels, strobe, small size, battery flexibility, and LOCKOUT are features that i needed. Hopefully this fits the bill. I use the piss out of my lights, so i will know in short order if this is getting it or not.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Malkoff Devices, and ElZetta, sure are sweet lights, and made in America.

Last edited:
Fenix - all day - everyday. Rechargeable via USB. Bright, long lasting and I use mine as a service tech every day many times. Bought one for my Wife.

VooDoo

Mine is a single 123 powered Surefire(forgot the model). I've carried it daily for 15 years now with no problems. If I have my pants on I have my Surefire. Oh, before you ask, I do not have my pants on right now. ?

• Haha
Mine is a single 123 powered Surefire(forgot the model). I've carried it daily for 15 years now with no problems. If I have my pants on I have my Surefire. Oh, before you ask, I do not have my pants on right now. ?

If you're sporting a Surefire keychain light right now, some say there's no shame in that. ?

Last edited:
Well i’ve been using the fenix e16 for a couple of weeks now. I like the rechargable batteries. Love the size, the different power settings. With the pocket clip, and the switch activated lockout....one would think you shouldnt have problems with it turning on. One would be WRONG. 4 times now the fucker has come on in my pocket. And boys, she gets HOT fast!

I am on my second streamlight, i definately got my money out of the light. Still works, but the lockout quit working. The fenix seems to work, but is too easily defeated just by being in my pocket. The switch is also a bit hard to find in the darkness. A reference point machined near it would be nice.

I might be trying an olight. Some of the other quality lights are interesting...but seem a bit stagnant on features. I aint afraid to spend a buck, but not for 20 year old tech. A “moonlight” setting, low setting, strobe and high setting are mandatory. As is a bulletproof lockout switch.