• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Edge build help

USAF1A8

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Husker Nation
Got an incredible deal on a 700 SPS in .300 RUM and I couldn't pass up. Truth is, I would have bought one soon anyway for an edge build that I have been planning, just wasn't ready yet. But at the price, I had to. So, help me plan my build; trigger, chassis, barrel, brake. I'm pushing myself to an AICS, because the two AIAW I have fired in my life felt amazing. I do not hunt at distances so it will be a paper only gun.
Any input s appreciated.

Re: Edge build help

Build it as a single shot. Throat it to get the bullet out of the case.

Run something like a 9.4 twist 30" cut rifled barrel and a fat bastard brake.

The rest is up to you.

Just a suggestion,you might think about going to a custom action before sinking a lot of $$$$$ into a 700 Remmy action that will still be a 700 action.......I'm speaking from experience,

Tom

Something to consider, anything that is 300rum based will need the rib on the aics mags milled out to allow for the shoulder being further forward. The mags will look like this: