• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EDM 338 on crack

Re: EDM 338 on crack

Did the numbers to see what that equals out to.

super sonic until 2000yrds
muzzle energy 8255.3 ft/lbs

with a 500yrd zero
-9.5moa at 1000yrds
-48.4moa at 2000yrds

10mph wind
11.6moa at 2000yrds

Wow, just did some quick inputs into JBM. If they could get a 300gr SMK (litz) at 3850ft/sec and came up with some crazy numbers.

super sonic until 2600yrds
muzzle energy 9894.8 ft/lbs

with a 500yrd zero
-8moa at 1000yrds
-34.6moa at 2000yrds

10mph wind
7.3moa at 2000yrds

I have always wondered why someone didnt (assuming they havent) neck down a 50bmg.

Or at least why I have never noticed it, as I am sure there have been some.

Funny maybe I missed it but couldn't find any accuacy claims or test targets? Calibers of this size would like to see a 300-500 yard target? I think for those prices they must be hoping to be bought out? How many of these can they really move a year???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bubb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny maybe I missed it but couldn't find any accuacy claims or test targets? Calibers of this size would like to see a 300-500 yard target? I think for those prices they must be hoping to be bought out? How many of these can they really move a year??? </div></div>

Yeah I didn't see any accuracy claims or anything that even says it actually shoots. Doing a search on it turned up nothing.

If this kind of thing goes on and becomes actually viable, it could be the next step in firearms. Think about, outrageous speed and energy with brass that never goes bad. Come down on the price and make it something that a shooter could actually afford and you would have yourself a winner.

So many wildcat ideas like this get lost and go under because the prices are so crazy that they can't get enough of them to consumers to sustain any interest.

Lots of big wildcats out there.
cheechak05x600.jpg

Seems to me I remember reading about a round similar to this being developed, the 338/50 Talbot...barrel life was in the 250 range and it was determined that until ceramic lined barrels were developed it would not last.It was designed to shoot out to 3000 yds,drove a 250 gr bullet at 3700+ fps !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wasn't .50BMG barrels have Stellite? That is some hard shiiit right there. </div></div>

Some,and it is only throat foward 9 inches or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wasn't .50BMG barrels have Stellite? That is some hard shiiit right there. </div></div>

What's that mean in english?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerkface11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wasn't .50BMG barrels have Stellite? That is some hard shiiit right there. </div></div>

What's that mean in english?</div></div>

Stellite is an extremely hard alloy that was used for all kinds of high wear applications.In the 50bmg barrels and others it was made into the throat and first few inches of the barrel to extend life in high cyclic rate guns.I think there may be some with a full Stellite chamber and lining but I'm not sure.

Wow those are impressive specs.

I have a .338 378 and I get 5200 ft lbs with a 250 grain with a max load of 102 grains of 7826 (I think thats the powder) with about 3100 fps
I was wondering about the powder? Any experience with VihtaVuor

PURDY SITE! do you have ballistics for any of those?

where can I get some bullets similar to the 416 which is 400 grain bullet going at 3000 fps approx!
now that's a bullet with a purpose

JD Jones necked down a 50 to 30 and 22 calibers if I remember to see what would happen....he was trying to hit 10K fps as a goal if I remember reading it correctly. A little over bore.

The NRA magazine "Rifleman" had a cool article a year or two ago about getting projectiles into the 20,000 or so feet per second using high explosives and squeeze bore on the end of a plug or plastic. They were shooting BB's at steel and it would make football sized holes in AR steel a foot thick. Amazing stuff.