• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EDM arms VR-10 .308 AR

G

What do you guys think of it?
EDM Arms VR-10 .308 is custom made from pretty much all aftermarket parts except for upper reciever. It features a 20" Dan Lilja bull barrel threaded 5/8 x 24 for muzzle brake. Armalite gas block. SWS E-1 rail system, EDM Arms all steel lower ($600 by itself) with a single stage 2 1/2 LB trigger and armalite upper reciever with BCM GUNFIGHTER charging handle with Mod 3 (LARGE) Latch and a forward assist, magpul PRS stock and a harris style bipod. This rifle accepts DPMS style magazines I have only tried the magtec magazines that came with the rifle.

CIMG0528.jpg

CIMG0527.jpg

CIMG0530.jpg

CIMG0526.jpg

Re: EDM arms VR-10 .308 AR

It may just be an optical illusion, but it looks like the upper receiver sits a little higher than the SWS rail.

Is this an advertisement or what?

Do you work for EDM?

Are you trying to sell this without being able to post in the classifieds?

NO that would get me banned....I was just posting this to tell people about the rifle....alot of people dont know about it.

That is an optical illusion because it sits flush with the top rail

If you're using an Armalite AR-10 upper receiver with the EDM arms lower that uses DPMS/SR-25 mags, was the mag stop shelf that the AR-10 upper has, machined out of the Armalite upper to get the DPMS/SR-25 pattern mags to work?

Is there anyway to tell.....I looked on EDM website...The lower will take armalite and Knight uppers and mag tech industries magazine which according to brownells they can fit AR-style .308/7.62mm NATO rifles from American Spirit Arms, Bushmaster, DPMS, Fulton Armory, Knights Armament Corporation, Oberland Arms, Remington, and RND Manufacturing.

I'll take a photo of my AR-10's upper receiver and post it.

I didn't know the Cheytac Intervention was the "#1 sniper rifle in the world".....who makes that determination and based off what criteria....?

Number of units sold...?
Number of military units that use it....?
Range....?
Price....?
Accuracy over other rifles....?

Do tell.....

The Intervention holds the world record for best group at a distance, landing 3 bullets within 16 5/8 inches (42 cm) at 2,321 yards (2,122 m) near Arco in Idaho. according to wikipedia....but i really dont care what you think...no offense

really lol........there are you happy...

Wow....16 inches at 2321 yards is pretty impressive....

So I guess the British Sniper who made a kill (on a man size target..heh..heh.) at 2706 yards with an Accuracy International 338 Lapua, might make the argument that his rifle system could be #1 in the world.....LOL!

Just busting your balls......& having some fun...LOL!

Here are photo's of the mag stop shelf from looking through the ejection port and from the underside. It's my understanding that when a DPMS/SR-25 compatible lower is used with a 1994 and up current Armalite AR-10 upper, these mag stops that locate the front of the mag, must be machined out in order to use the DPMS/SR-25 style of mag. The 1994 to current Armalite AR-10 uses a magazine based on the M14 magazine, not the original AR-10 waffle magazine from 1960. The DPMS/SR-25 mag that most of the industry is adopting is based on the original AR-10 waffle mag.

IMG_4781e.jpg

IMG_4783e.jpg

well.....mine has them I dont know why the DPMS mags work....is that an armalite rifle?

Yes, Armalite AR-10. The mags supplied might have been modified to work with the Armalite upper, or EDM may have found a way to get their lower with muliple uppers. Try running a metal DPMS mag in that rifle and see it it locks up in place properly.

Can you post some 10 round group shots when you get to firing it next? Maybe say 10 rounds at 100 yard, 10 at 200 and then 10 at 500?
I'd be very interested to see how it shoots.

I do not have a quality scope to mount on it...otherwise i would have done groups already I shot some at 100 with a really bad scope and they were under 1" with remington 180's I would imagine with a nice scope and FGMM 168's or 175's they would be under 1/2" I do have some FGMM 168's but no quality scope......im kind of looking to get rid of this so i can get a nightforce on my 700 tactical

I would lol if i had any i dont even know anyone with a DPMS...I live in a small town.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KORE5.9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not have a quality scope to mount on it...otherwise i would have done groups already I shot some at 100 with a really bad scope and they were under 1" with remington 180's I would imagine with a nice scope and FGMM 168's or 175's they would be under 1/2" I do have some FGMM 168's but no quality scope......im kind of looking to get rid of this so i can get a nightforce on my 700 tactical </div></div>

So you are here to sell it, like I orignally thought.

I am not here to sell it! Falar.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KORE5.9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not have a quality scope to mount on it...otherwise i would have done groups already I shot some at 100 with a really bad scope and they were under 1" with remington 180's I would imagine with a nice scope and FGMM 168's or 175's they would be under 1/2" I do have some FGMM 168's but no quality scope......<span style="color: #FF0000">im kind of looking to get rid of this so i can get a nightforce on my 700 tactical</span></div></div>

but he's not here to sell Falar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KORE5.9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not have a quality scope to mount on it...otherwise i would have done groups already I shot some at 100 with a really bad scope and they were under 1" with remington 180's I would imagine with a nice scope and FGMM 168's or 175's they would be under 1/2" I do have some FGMM 168's but no quality scope......<span style="color: #FF0000">im kind of looking to get rid of this so i can get a nightforce on my 700 tactical</span> </div></div>

So you are here to sell it, like I orignally thought. </div></div>

That sounds like trying to sell it, under the radar....