• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EDM Windrunner 50 Lefty value ?

264win

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2008
    whidbey island wa.
    My local shop just got one in on consignment and my buddy asked me how much I thought it was worth. I haven’t ever even heard of another lefty Windrunner.
    Any ideas what it might be worth and how many were made ?

Attachments

• 9F951F75-36EE-4DB5-B169-A1D134F8A74F.jpeg
      9F951F75-36EE-4DB5-B169-A1D134F8A74F.jpeg
      478.1 KB · Views: 72
    • 1B6E5790-94FA-421E-AF26-9E2E525E852C.jpeg
      1B6E5790-94FA-421E-AF26-9E2E525E852C.jpeg
      444.1 KB · Views: 77
    • 23E25438-9474-471D-8040-5620182F1EBC.jpeg
      23E25438-9474-471D-8040-5620182F1EBC.jpeg
      534.6 KB · Views: 67
    Last ones I saw sold (.408CT in Left and .50 BMG in right) went for about $5k range.

Reactions: 264win
    I've learned one thing about life...It's short, and you only live once. If he wants it...Buy it. Because Lefty or Righty they have become very hard to find. I still want one in .408 CheyTac.

I bought an XM04 .408CT Windrunner in 2006 for $7k. Obviously with Bill Ritchie's passing a number of years back, there aren't any new ones being built. It was a pretty innovative design 25 years ago, but nowadays I'd put money into something else unless I was a big bore collector type. My two biggest gripes with mine was the bipod so close to the center of gravity made it not very stable (enough that I had a custom M200-style setup built), and the R700 trigger is kind of exposed to the elements so it would easily get dust in it and go from 2lbs to 14lbs in the middle of a session.

My buddy is the shop owner. I was only interested because I had never seen or even heard of a left handed one.

My buddy is the shop owner. I was only interested because I had never seen or even heard of a left handed one.
    ah I gotcha. I saw one on Guns International 2015-maybe 2016 with $4500 ish if memory servves correctly, I was a flight instructor at the time and couldn't afford it. the only thing I truly regret in life. I assume value has gone up due to rarity of windrunners left alone lefty versions.

I don't think there's a real good way to value it outside of an auction which only works if the right person sees it. The problem with discontinued stuff is that it is a risk for parts and service and with it being very limited even more so.

My local shop just got one in on consignment and my buddy asked me how much I thought it was worth. I haven’t ever even heard of another lefty Windrunner.
    Any ideas what it might be worth and how many were made ?
    LOL, they don't have this thing anymore if it's in WA. I just bought the sumbitch, and he's shipping it to me.

Great guy to deal with, really worked with me to get it out here. I've already contacted Mr Keary Ritchie, and the current manufactures THOR GDG who also funny enough, owns Chey-tac now too.

I'll hopefully be getting a 375CT conversion for it, and getting a spare 50 barrel and small parts.

Hell i've alreay dumped 5k more into this gun and I don't even HAVE it yet.

Reactions: DIBBS
    I
    I've learned one thing about life...It's short, and you only live once. If he wants it...Buy it. Because Lefty or Righty they have become very hard to find. I still want one in .408 CheyTac.
    Thor GDG makes them. They can get you a 408CT one, but they are busy with mil orders right now.

Reactions: FuhQ and 264win
    Glad to hear it’s going to a good home.
    If I looked at it much longer I would have to learn to shoot lefty😂