• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ed's Red

Re: Ed's Red

I use it. For sealed cans I just squirt some in and roll the silencer around to coat all of the surfaces. After a day or two I use pressurized air to blow it dry. It is more of a rust preventative than cleaning as I use 4130 for the sealed steel cans.

I use it on my aluminum cans also. I wet the internals and let them sit for an hour. This helps with disassembly, especially removal of the K baffles. It will remove fouling from powder and bullet lube, but does little for lead fouling. I use a wire brush for that.

My Ed' Red is just kerosene, atf fluid and mineral spirits; I do not use the acetone as it eats some plastics. I heard Kroil works very well on most types of fouling, but I have never tried it or even shopped around for it.

Ranb

Thanks-I've used Kroil also. I may give ER a try.

I have never cleaned a suppressor but I would try the Kroil first. It is some pretty amazing stuff as a lubricant and I know a lot of folks use in cleaning their guns. If you can't find it look up KANO labs and you can order it from the web site.

I've mixed up Ed's Red, using acetone, and used it on my trap shotgun. It practically dissolves the plastic wadding and the bore is very clean after cleaning. I believe the ATF is there to leave a lubricant film behind.

I wouldn't recommend using the acetone in the mix unless you are wearing chemical gloves when you mix it and when you use it. Acetone and your innards aren't very compatible.