• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Education system sucks

mvphilly

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
NY
Well here is a encouraging story. On my way home from the range was a bit hungry and thirsty so stopped at this pizza place i usually go to not because the pizza is great but because there are two hotties that work there and they are worth the detour.Anyways I go in and there they are so I place my order and it came out to $11.92. Heres where it gets scary.I hand the hooker wanna be a 20 and she didnt enter the amount in the register so it would give her the change amount and she went blank!! Coulkd not do the change in her fucking head on her own .WTF its basic math even less than basic for Christs sake. So she looks at her co-worker and she is ready to use the i-phone for the change amount and so i say just round it up to $12.00 and just give me the 8.00 change. So now she smiles because she can figure that out now and after checking the goods again I am out. But really WTF do they teach in the schools nowadays. I mean if this is what they are churning out of the public education system we are so screwed.

Reactions: badthirtyone
The dumber you are the more likely you are to vote Democratic. Being an absolute fucking idiot is critical to pushing the left's agenda, the climate change hoax and for people to believe they have a choice of 87 genders. Welcome to the world of the idiot. Teachers no longer teach math, science, civics or English in schools because being educated is not important to most people. This is why we are about one more generation from slaving for Chinese masters.

Besides pizza hoes are going to bank on their dick sucking abilities and OnlyFans for their future earnings.

Reactions: Krawlven
I really doubt the "School System" failed to teach how to make change.
Some people just have a mental block to Math and Science.
That's been going on for decades.
The school presents the lesson, assigns homework, and the kids and their parents can't figure it out.

Well here is a encouraging story. On my way home from the range was a bit hungry and thirsty so stopped at this pizza place i usually go to not because the pizza is great but because there are two hotties that work there and they are worth the detour.Anyways I go in and there they are so I place my order and it came out to $11.92. Heres where it gets scary.I hand the hooker wanna be a 20 and she didnt enter the amount in the register so it would give her the change amount and she went blank!! Coulkd not do the change in her fucking head on her own .WTF its basic math even less than basic for Christs sake. So she looks at her co-worker and she is ready to use the i-phone for the change amount and so i say just round it up to $12.00 and just give me the 8.00 change. So now she smiles because she can figure that out now and after checking the goods again I am out. But really WTF do they teach in the schools nowadays. I mean if this is what they are churning out of the public education system we are so screwed.

They teach it but there are an increasing # of kids that don't want or care to learn. Parent participation and reinforcement is decreasing. Student accountability/consequences are diminished which leads to students without basic arithmetic skills....oh and administration likes to just keep passing these kids so their feelings don't get hurt.

There is a massive disconnect between the community, administration and teachers. Administration is scared shitless of getting sued so they have no backbone.

Schools keep advancing kids who aren’t passing because they don’t have the resources to reteach them year after year. It doesn’t help that in many homes the parents aren’t investing time to teach, or even ensure the homework gets done. Side note - their job isn’t teaching them math either because registers have shortcuts to every order usually using pictograms.

Y'all no, it be lik...
Im'ma be teechin dat fo sho gay be lik, gewd an be'n str8 be lik knot gewd y'all be seein whut I be sayin ?
Sheet nigga dat foo da prinsipal be tellin me dis an dat
I ain't be gots havin time fo trippin shit lik dat
Fuk dat nigga
Im'ma do my ting, he do his ting
Sho nuff

What fucking system ?

That this feckless cunt graduated with honors from Boston college is testament to everything that's wrong with our education system.

Screenshot_20220904-222917_DuckDuckGo.jpg

My son got an award for top student in writing, Jr. year in high school, 3 years ago. In my day, he would have received a “c.” He can’t write for shit and got top honors. Sad

Last edited:
Pay 'tards to breed + No Child Left Behind/Every Student Succeeds Act = reverse evolution.

There's a mathematical explanation of your problem.

Reactions: Pbgt
My son got an award for top student in writing, Jr. year in high school 3 yeao ago. In my day, he would have received a “c.” He can’t write for shit and got top honors. Sad
Kudos for honesty.
I'm sorry your son isn't a brilliant writer, but you posted an honest thing about it and that says more about you (and hopefully him) than most people could ever handle without coercion.
Just keep in mind, being a writer is not a highly esteemed trade (or skill, or endeavor, what have you).
I honestly hope he displays incredible talent in some other direction that is an honorable trade or skill.

Reactions: eca7891
System is essentially a jobs program, with the union being a money source for democrats. Federal system employs 4,400 people with a budget of 189 Billion.

Last edited:
Want to see her head explode? Next time give her $20.92...or, the coup de grâce, $22.00.

But really WTF do they teach in the schools nowadays.
are you sure that you learned better?
because whole wolrd knows that you americans are the most retarded nation and you education system produces even more retarded people, who can only work and be good consumer of bullshit products.
that's a fact.

because whole wolrd knows that you americans are the most retarded nation and you education system produces even more retarded people, who can only work and be good consumer of bullshit products.
that's a fact.
This comes from “markymark007?”

Not saying you are wrong… but that handle definitely says something. And the something is this:

C80DB13D-7754-4640-A5CD-7459ADDD9ED2.jpeg

Sirhr

that's a fact.

When bashing American's about being retarded; one might want to use spell check before posting.

Also, I've worked with quite a few different individuals who had visa's and I can tell you right now they were closer to the retard end of the spectrum vs. their American counterpart.

Was she blonde?

Real blonde or a fake blonde with black carpet ?
That’s a tough call.

Which of those two have a higher chance of genetic mental learning disabilities?

😂

I'm gonna repost this just as an example that it's not only that some people don't have a head for math. Some don't even care...

VERY old family friends wanted my wife to teach their two granddaughters how to bake cookies (as an Xmas tradition). Here's the conversation I remember:

my wife: first, cut 1/4 stick of butter and grease that cookie sheet
20-year old: how much is a quarter stick?
her 18-year old sister: lemme get my phone, it'll tell me
their grandmother: WHAT!?
my wife: whaddya mean, "how much is a quarter stick?"
18-yr old: just what she said, doesn't the question make sense to you?
20-yr old: Yeah. I'll repeat it slowly--how much is a quarter stick?
my wife: you mean you don't know what a quarter is?
18-yr old: you mean like 25 cents? what's that got to do with butter?
me: HUH? no, like a quarter of anything... where is the big hand on a clock when I refer to a quarter past the hour?
20-yr old: hell, I don't need to know that. The clock tells me precisely; I can count.
18-yr old: oh, you're one of those who ridicules us for not knowing math; we don't need to know math, we've got this far without it.

It was a sad and amazin' epiphany; a sorry "Christmas present" for their grandma... I dunno what it says about our school system or student apathy vs. their abilities.

I'm gonna repost this just as an example that it's not only that some people don't have a head for math. Some don't even care...

VERY old family friends wanted my wife to teach their two granddaughters how to bake cookies (as an Xmas tradition). Here's the conversation I remember:

me: HUH? no, like a quarter of anything... where is the big hand on a clock when I refer to a quarter past the hour?
20-yr old: hell, I don't need to know that. The clock tells me precisely; I can count.
18-yr old: oh, you're one of those who ridicules us for not knowing math; we don't need to know math, we've got this far without it.

It was a sad and amazin' epiphany; a sorry "Christmas present" for their grandma... I dunno what it says about our school system or student apathy vs. their abilities.

It says more about their parents lack of involvement in their educational upbringing. The importance of learning is something that should be instilled in the child at a young age.

Reactions: Farmerhunter

7C83A03B-AC03-4097-BEEC-B361F5F137A7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: tomcatmv

Student apathy would be the answer along with Parent apathy for not guiding their children to be successful in life. Public school systems quality is based on its location, even if its not that good and the child wants to learn they can still pull enough information out of it to further their studies. There're very good teachers mixed in with very bad teachers, the system of tenure allow this and prevents the removal of substandard teachers.

that's a fact.
Who went to the moon and who hasnt even tried?

To be fair at a certain point they start forcing you to use calculators on everything and deduct points if you don’t its fucking stupid. That’s a what my school did anyway, even before that I did do math in my head and get point taken for not doing it on paper...bitch is the answer right or not?

Also a lot of teachers suck or are checked out from what I hear. My math teacher in 9th grade was more worried about sitting at her desk fucking around than doing any teaching.

Last edited:
LOL but the communication still was received and I didnt give the wrong change doing it.
I don’t get caught up on punctuation in a fucking forum. I know mine sucks anyway lol.

I didn’t want to be a writer.

that's a fact.
You are correct but it due to the corruption of the government who preside over the sheep. Our universities are the best in the world which is why foreigners flock to them to learn. Without this retarded nation if your from Europe you wouldn't be typing posts on this forum today depending what dictator would of took charge if we didn't remove Hitler. Your only hope to survive Putin is for this retarded Nation to keep him at bay for Nato is only good for marching in parades and taking our US Dollars. The bullshit products are all made in China as the government shut down our manufacturing for a few yen towards their re-election campaign .

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Typos are a fact of life when most are thumb typing on a phone screen.
I hesitate in making fun of a member's grammar, punctuation or spelling on the internet.

The people you run across making change at a fast food joint are not representative of the school system, just it's failures.
These jobs should probably be given to unemployed engineers with a family to support.
But no, we want to hire those that couldn't make it at a good job.

As far as math in the school system goes, it's a multi-year program to lay out rules for advanced techniques in solving problems.
"Why do I need Algebra when I can do the problem in my head" is a self built bulkhead to further learning.
Teachers are plenty busy keeping the coral closed during class, the textbooks usually contain all the info you need.
You know, that book that stays in your book bag until the end of the year when you have to turn it back in (if you can find it).

Last edited:
But....but....but.... no child was left behind.

Or some such bullshit that rewards failure and mediocrity with advancement. Even here in rural NC we no longer have valedictorian or salutatorian so as not to make the typical stupids feel bad about themselves. Graduation speaker is a random pick that has nothing to do with academic achievement. As far as that goes name me any college "scholarship" that is not based on skin color or socio-economic status. We celebrate participation and everbody gets a trophy while achievement is ignored. Same with the tax schedule.....bust your ass and make something of tyourself and bam, you get to pay higher taxes.

Another fine example.....our local elementary school advisory board voted not to teach spelling any more because the kids have spell check on their computers. I kid you not. Our nation's school systems as a whole are an ineficient monumental waste of time and money, more concerned with social equality and feelings than education. The main goal is graduation rates by any means necessary and usually that equates to lowering standards.

Last edited:
How many allow their kids to hear all their rantings about jobs going overseas, the inadequate school system, higher taxes if you do succeed? How many complained about standardized testing requirements because their kids would flunk if the truth came out?

Maybe teach them to strive to learn everything they can, even if out of the books, or on the internet, so they will succeed on their own.
Even if the parents didn't. Do you, if capable help your kids with their Algebra homework?
How about that silly Metric system? Still gives you headaches :)

For those that didn't do so well in math back in school, have you continued to learn, on your own later in life?

Last edited:
Typos are a fact of life when most are thumb typing on a phone screen.
I hesitate in making fun of a member's grammar, punctuation or spelling on the internet.

The people you run across making change at a fast food joint are not representative of the school system, just it's failures.
These jobs should probably be given to unemployed engineers with a family to support.
But no, we want to hire those that couldn't make it at a good job.

As far as math in the school system goes, it's a multi-year program to lay out rules for advanced techniques in solving problems.
"Why do I need Algebra when I can do the problem in my head" is a self built bulkhead to further learning.
Teachers are plenty busy keeping the coral closed during class, the textbooks usually contain all the info you need.
You know, that book that stays in your book bag until the end of the year when you have to turn it back in (if you can find it).
Not everyone does well just being shown a book, that’s why teachers exist to explain and show live examples their job isn’t to babysit, that just falls onto them from the parents not teaching their kids to act right. Pretty stupid to say “You know, that book that stays in your book bag until the end of the year when you have to turn it back in (if you can find it).” When the shits taught out of the book and you are required to bring it to class in most cases.

Does any of this matter? If you have an electronic device to assist, whats the point? Do you all range with your scope or range finder? Do you use a washboard or your washing machine? Do you build your own homes or hire it done?

The world and society evolve.....dont you think your grandparents thought you were retarded when it came to simple things?

Without this retarded nation if your from Europe you wouldn't be typing posts on this forum today depending what dictator would of took charge if we didn't remove Hitler. Your only hope to survive Putin is for this retarded Nation to keep him at bay for Nato is only good for marching in parades and taking our US Dollars. The bullshit products are all made in China as the government shut down our manufacturing for a few yen towards their re-election campaign .

you should stop consuming MSM.

Is it just me or does this topic get brought up a lot? Do boomers honestly think that fast food workers are gonna be doing quadratic equations at the counter or something? Time is money and our electronic devices do the thinking for us faster than we can. Hell, I'm almost 33 and heavily rely on my devices for the calculator app. Fuck math! Hated it as a kid and hate it as an adult.

• Love
Reactions: reNickulous
Is it just me or does this topic get brought up a lot? Do boomers honestly think that fast food workers are gonna be doing quadratic equations at the counter or something? Time is money and our electronic devices do the thinking for us faster than we can. Hell, I'm almost 33 and heavily rely on my devices for the calculator app. Fuck math! Hated it as a kid and hate it as an adult.

Not remotely a boomer but that’s some easy ass math, takes like 3 seconds to do in your head

Thing was I had active parents in my life, if we went out to eat or stopped for breakfast I was the one who figured the tip out as a grade school age kid

“We are tipping 15%, now move the decimal over for 10, 5 is half of 10, take half of that, now put the two together and what do we tip?

If I was with my dad buying some line for the boat, same deal with length

If I had a cold glass of water on a hot day “why is the outside wet”

If I didn’t pronounce a word properly, or know the meaning of a word

Basically stuff parents do, many these days are just birthers and the state is a parent

Not remotely a boomer but that’s some easy ass math, takes like 3 seconds to do in your head

Thing was I had active parents in my life, if we went out to eat or stopped for breakfast I was the one who figured the tip out as a grade school age kid

“We are tipping 15%, now move the decimal over for 10, 5 is half of 10, take half of that, now put the two together and what do we tip?

If I was with my dad buying some line for the boat, same deal with length

If I had a cold glass of water on a hot day “why is the outside wet”

If I didn’t pronounce a word properly, or know the meaning of a word

Basically stuff parents do, many these days are just birthers and the state is a parent

I don't tip.

Reactions: reNickulous