• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing eezox used as a lubricant?

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
Would this be good to lubricate as well as a cleaner, and rust inhibitor? I've been using CLP and decided to order some eezox to try. Also, will it work on the slide of my M&P 40 or should a light coat of grease be used on the slide instead? All advice is appreciated!

I use Eezox for the rust prevention but I can't answer the question about the lubrication properties. It is thin and has a strong smell but it's great for rust prevention. I am watching to see the experience of others.

I use Eezox to clean and prevent rust with a light coating that I rub in with a micro fiber cloth. I don't think I would rely on it for its lubrication properties.
Might try and locate some Frog Lube for your pistols and Carbines. Heat up the part with a hair dryer and then apply the FL. It will bond to the metal. Its awesome stuff. I thought it was all bullshit hype until I tried it out on my AR's and 1911's

Maybe I can catch a few frogs, I know when I was just a little boy they used to squirt some I guess, froglube in my hand when I picked them up. lol!

Eezox is excellent for rust prevention, but as was stated above, I do not think it is a great lube. I use it in combination with 10w30 for lube.

I have some Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic that might be good for the slide plus, I do have a little grease left in a tube and some CLP Breakfree.