• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Effects of headwind on angled shooting?

BCP

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Dec 4, 2008
    AZ: Land of wind, dirt and angry old people
    Shooting today in a canyon where we have steel targets set up from 400-1000 (they are all silhouettes about 14x24). The targets are uphill with the 1000 at the highest. Now when there's no wind, or regular crosswind, I am dialing approx 9.5mil to get all the way to 1000. Today we had a really weird angular headwind coming at about 1:30 and I was dialing 10mils to get the right amount of elevation and the impacts were all over the place windage wise. What I'm wondering is how would one realistically plot this sort of shot. Do have a wind meter was 5-10mph steady with 15mph gusts, no wind flags or anything though this is a national forest shooting spot we set up.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
    IMG_3587.jpg
    IMG_3588.jpg

page 12 (54) is what Im getting at. Really all Im saying is find patterns on that page based on the info from the .pdf - you can read it all but as it pertains to ur Q id say angles speed changes with terrain features et al...give you a pattern to try to test against first with other ex in doc and then try testing some parallel ideas at the range.

Attachments

• Wind Simulation CFD.pdf
      1.5 MB · Views: 20