• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors eFile Form 4 question..

LSUbeatUby40

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2007
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I purchased an SBR and a suppressor from a dealer in another state and had it sent to a local dealer by me.. I have the eforms account and silencershop acct etc..

My local dealer is saying that I am responsible for filling out the form 4s on eforms myself and then he will do the certification etc..

Now I've bought suppressors etc through silencershop and they make it pretty easy. My last two my local dealer (different than this one) called me when it was ready to certify etc.. and I never had to fill out the form 4 by myself.

Is my new dealer correct? He has the firearm and can with all the info. I told him I think he is supposed to do that and call me when ready to submit, but he's saying thats not right.

any insight?

I purchased an SBR and a suppressor from a dealer in another state and had it sent to a local dealer by me.. I have the eforms account and silencershop acct etc..

My local dealer is saying that I am responsible for filling out the form 4s on eforms myself and then he will do the certification etc..

Now I've bought suppressors etc through silencershop and they make it pretty easy. My last two my local dealer (different than this one) called me when it was ready to certify etc.. and I never had to fill out the form 4 by myself.

Is my new dealer correct? He has the firearm and can with all the info. I told him I think he is supposed to do that and call me when ready to submit, but he's saying thats not right.

any insight?
If he has the can and SBR, how can you fill out the section where serial numbers are required? If he is a silencershop kiosk dealer its super easy. otherwie yeah, if hes being a dick find a new SOT.

If he has the can and SBR, how can you fill out the section where serial numbers are required? If he is a silencershop kiosk dealer its super easy. otherwie yeah, if hes being a dick find a new SOT.
And thats exactly what I told him but I didn't want to just assume.

Ima roll my ass in there tomorrow and make that dude fill out the damn forms..

I had to tell a dealer that they could either fill out a form 4 and earn their money or do a form 3 and someone else would get it. Either way I'm sitting here until its done.

Won't be using them again, obviously.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
I'm a NFA nube and just entering this process myself so your post caught my attention. It sounds like you didn't use silencershop this time? If you buy from silencershop, they fill out the eform4 for you if I'm not mistaken? So in this case, if you didnt use them, maybe it's the dealer in the other state who you bought it from that would fill it out? I'm also just curious but why did you switch local dealers?

just make sure on the form where it asks, “name and title of authorizing official” box #10 i think, that they put a actual name and title of that person. if they put anything else , like, “store manager”, they will disapprove your form. if that happens you will have to start the process from the end of line,again.

I'm a NFA nube and just entering this process myself so your post caught my attention. It sounds like you didn't use silencershop this time? If you buy from silencershop, they fill out the eform4 for you if I'm not mistaken? So in this case, if you didnt use them, maybe it's the dealer in the other state who you bought it from that would fill it out? I'm also just curious but why did you switch local dealers?
I didn't buy it through SS so they cannot do anything for me on this.. What is supposed to happen and has so far is that the dealer I purchased from in Utah, Formed 3 the items to my dealer here in LA. The dealer contacted me to let me know it was in, but is telling me that I need to fill out both Form 4's myself with all the info and then he can submit them.

As noted above, he should be filling out the Form4's with my info for the transfers as he as the items, their serial numbers etc.. and he is the transferring dealer of record to me. He is newer to the process so it seems maybe he doesn't know so much as he is being an ass..

I am only asking here as I am 90% sure I am correct, but it never hurts to ask the masses here in case I just missed something.

Reactions: archangel485
You will most likely have to team up to fill out the forms.
You have your personal info.
He has the serial numbers.
Just go down there and Gett'r Done!

why do we pay higher fees on NFA transfers, because the dealer does more work. Tell them to f off. Get a new dealer.

Just for reference, I reached out to SS and they have already filled out my form 4, even though the form 3 isn't even approved yet. So my local dealer will have the form 4 as soon as they receive the suppressor.

If you have not filed this yet, drop me a DM and I'll tell you exactly what you need to do to get it submitted.
I've done a thousand submissions and the last 130 or so have been electronic.
It shouldn't be this difficult, but it is the dealer's responsibility, not yours. He is a Transfer Agent, who should be acting as your liaison with the NFA / ATF.

I'm a newb to this as I've only been in a Class 3 allowable state for 10 months. First suppressor purchase was through Eurooptic.com. Transfer to local Class 3 was seamless. I went in and filled out my part for e-file and they filled out theirs. They scanned my prints and everything was and is golden. That suppressor was received. 4 more in queue. 2 purchased from other class 3s sent to my local. 2 from my local class 3. Based on what I've seen here, I'd never depend on a non local class 3 to handle the paperwork or electronic e-file.

How would they do that without your prints and declarations? Just wondering. Dealer and customer both have to do their parts.

If you have not filed this yet, drop me a DM and I'll tell you exactly what you need to do to get it submitted.
I've done a thousand submissions and the last 130 or so have been electronic.
It shouldn't be this difficult, but it is the dealer's responsibility, not yours. He is a Transfer Agent, who should be acting as your liaison with the NFA / ATF.
I appreciate that. I got ole boy to understand that finally. Just waiting to certify now.

I appreciate that. I got ole boy to understand that finally. Just waiting to certify now.

Good deal! May I ask what he is going to charge for a transfer fee on NFA items? I have found a couple FFLs in our state that IMO charges WAY too much for transfers, while others charge next to nothing

Good deal! May I ask what he is going to charge for a transfer fee on NFA items? I have found a couple FFLs in our state that IMO charges WAY too much for transfers, while others charge next to nothing
At this point he probably won't charge me anything since its been almost 2 months of his fuck ups.

Normally I think it would be 75 bucks or something like that.

Reactions: southernpew
Well that's good at least that he is helping finally. Surely he will now change his ways and understand the process.

I found a local FFL in North LA that is charging $100 for NFA transfers and $25 for firearm transfers. Then another that does firearm transfers free for vets, so of course he gets all of my business, I buy a mag or two each time I go

Well that's good at least that he is helping finally. Surely he will now change his ways and understand the process.

I found a local FFL in North LA that is charging $100 for NFA transfers and $25 for firearm transfers. Then another that does firearm transfers free for vets, so of course he gets all of my business, I buy a mag or two each time I go
There is one here in BR that is charging $150.00 for an NFA transfer.. Needless to say that MFer doesn't see a whole lot of traffic..

• Wow
Reactions: southernpew