• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

eForm 1 question.

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Good morning all,
    I have a weird one regarding an eForm1 I processed thru Silencer Shop. First, I know! Working on getting an appointment with PrintScan as I type. Anyways, did the thing, Full Auto "Pro" (this could be the issue) did its thing and I was done. Lo and behold, when I looked at the .PDF from the ATF I noticed that Box 3d. (County/Parish) was blank. Oddly, when I looked at the form thru my SS dashboard it is populated with the correct info. What gives? I have reached out to Silencer Shop (chat said to contact Ask the Experts), da phone people said to roll with it and see what happens, and NFAFax (guessing they trump everybody else) said to withdraw and resubmit. Ask the Experts? Crickets so far so I come, with hat in hand, asking to gurus of Snipers Hide their thoughts. Let it ride? Withdraw, get a refund from Silencer Shop, and resubmit? What say y'all? Thank you for the information and help. BTW, I get it that IANAL applies here.

I have heard/seen guys who's forms populated the area that the makers info goes; with the Information from the additional description they make you add now. Sounded as though it was something on eforms end.

I haven't opened any of my pending to see if they're incorrect; but they've sure had enough time that I'm guessing they're fine.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    I have heard/seen guys who's forms populated the area that the makers info goes; with the Information from the additional description they make you add now. Sounded as though it was something on eforms end.

I haven't opened any of my pending to see if they're incorrect; but they've sure had enough time that I'm guessing they're fine.
    Yeah, I reached out to fullautosupport and they actually got back to me. Per them, it's a glitch on the eForms side. The part that baffles me is that in the "my profile" section of eForms everything is there. Gonna give it a week or two and see what happens. I hear whisperings of forms getting approved without the County being filled in so... 🤷‍♂️
    ETA: I won't be that lucky but it is what it is. :D

Last edited:
    You can log in to your eforms, click the “submitted/in process” tab on the left margin, then click Form 1. That will bring up any and all F1’s in that status along the bottom of the page. Click the eyeball icon to the right of the form you're interested in. Each of the form sections (train stops) are called out at the top of the page. Click through them and see how eforms took your info.

You can log in to your eforms, click the “submitted/in process” tab on the left margin, then click Form 1. That will bring up any and all F1’s in that status along the bottom of the page. Click the eyeball icon to the right of the form you're interested in. Each of the form sections (train stops) are called out at the top of the page. Click through them and see how eforms took your info.
    County is blank, sadly. Time to wait....

Annnnddd it gets even better! Looked at my cover letter and they never submitted my .eft fingerprint file. WTF?!? I told them we are withdrawing and starting over!

I ran into a massive issue with a Form 1 eFile i did directly about 3 weeks ago. I have always submitted the appendix of my trust when I attach the trust. It gets updated every time a Form 1 or Form 4 is approved. The appendix had the Make, Type (suppressor, SBR), serial number, and approval date of every NFA item on it. Never had an issue with 12 stamps, with one as recently as Oct. ‘23.

They sent me an email prior to releasing the cover letter for the fingerprints and stated the appendix needed to be updated to have the make, model, serial number, over all length, barrel length, etc on it. After several polite emails, where I asked them why the change, I eventually found out they were asking for it because they couldn’t find a record of 10 of the 11 listed approvals. Wow. The resolution they accepted was I just submitted a copy of the trust again without attaching the appendix, after I pointed out I could attach anything I wanted to into the trust with the appendix, for example like my car. Still waiting for the approval now.

Same issue also just happened with an address change. I submitted one successfully last summer and needed to do another since we just moved. Attached a copy of the appendix since there wasn’t enough space to list everything. They approved it with no questions. Not this time. Didn’t take the time to email me for a corrected document, just sent me a nice “Denied” letter that stated the appendix needed to have the make, model, serial number, over all length, barrel length, etc (basically all the Form 1/4 info). Unfortunately, since I needed to do the address change to also get copies of some stamps that were lost, there was no way around it. I rebuilt the appendix and sent it over. Again, still waiting to hear on that.

Short story, they seem to be making it much more difficult than they used to. For what it’s worth, every one who has corresponded with me via email at the ATF has been very nice and polite. I am sure they have zero experience in the world we live in all the time and are just contractors doing a .gov job. It’s the people way above them pushing an agenda.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    Their system got fucked when they added the description/photo stuff.

How TF am I supposed to take a picture of a bunch of shit I don't have? And design photos/drawings? Yeah right. Big gov been stealing the layman's ideas for many moons. It's all just looking for a way to trip people up, and all it's doing is fucking things up for both sides. Dummies.

The cover letter always says to submit fingerprints. Disregard if you EFT'ed it.
    I normally would but when I reached out to FullAutoSupport they actually told me that the .eft didn't submit and they could send paper copies. I pulled the plug at the point and nuked the form. Easier to start over and just untick the FullAutoPro slider. MY LGS had similar issues until they changed from Pro to the regular Full Auto.

I always send paper fingerprints when doing my own form 1. I feel better 2 day FedEx to them with tracking.
    100%! I'm going to get mine rolled at the local PrintScan place and do my own Form1s from here on out.

100%! I'm going to get mine rolled at the local PrintScan place and do my own Form1s from here on out.
    I just roll my own haha, never had an issue

Attachments

• Mel Brooks Movies.jpeg
      Mel Brooks Movies.jpeg
      16.2 KB · Views: 12
    Reactions: oso1 and nikonNUT
    Just roll your own prints and mail them, you can get free finger print cards from DOJ website and ink pad from Amazon.

Reactions: ZA206