• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EGW 20MOA base on REM 700 screws dont fit

ceross1975

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Keller, Texas
www.rossgunworks.com
Seems like I saw a post on this a while back but searched it and could not find it. I am installing an EGW base on a buddies REM 700 and the supplied screws are to small in diameter. Anyone know what the size is for the REM 700 receiver?

Re: EGW 20MOA base on REM 700 screws dont fit

I just put an EGW 20MOA base on my SPS Tac. It went on no problem, the screws were fine. Your best bet would be to call EGW tomorrow, they will send you the screws you need. EGW's customer service is excellent.

Should be 6-48s unless the screw holes were opened up to 8-40s.

Sounds like your buddies receiver holes have been opened up to 8-40 already.

I just got an SPS-V, and the receiver holes weren't threaded all the way. I had to have my smith run a tap through them to finish the threads in order for the screws to fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should be 6-48s unless the screw holes were opened up to 8-40s. </div></div>

What he said...