• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

egw base and burris rings?

wcjake15

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
kentucky, US
i just ordered an egw 20 moa base for my savage MKII BTVS and i already have burris signature zee rings that are 1". i went to go mount the base to the rifle and then tried to mount the rings and i cant get them to slide on or clip on or anything! i dont know if im just not doing it right or if these rings will even fit this base! but it says on the package weaver rings will fit on this base! any help is appreciated! thanks

Re: egw base and burris rings?

I had the same problem with bassicly the same setup.Egw base for a remington short.And Burris zee's. I ended up just using an old set of weaver rings cause of the cross bolts.

There is a long discussion about Zee rings fitting too tight, possibly due to burrs on Rimfire Central. Burris knows about the problem. Mine fit tight on a rail but I haven't taken them off yet to see.

I had a similiar problem, and yea it was due to Burris being a bit too tight.

I was mounting on a UTG rail I got of fleabay, and was using that to increase the hight of my scope, that and high Burris rings, but had to settle with weaver rings instead.

maybe sanding the base a wee bit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the EGW and the Burris XTR rings work together?

Lt. </div></div>

Should work just fine.....The Zee rings are a totaly different animal.

I have used the Zee rings before on standard Weaver mounts and they was always a little tight to get on.

I was just wondering if it might be something elase going on.