• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EGW base for Tikka's

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
Bought a hunter model a while ago and my base from EGW came in but I bought the light weight version that doesn't have a pin. I read a post the other day that mentioned that the pinned base is better. I can see where it "may" be better but has anyone had issues with the EGW light weight bases for Tikka's moving? I would assume they would be as good/stable as the Remmy bases.

The billet version doesn't have a pin either. No issues. Unless your shooting super heavy magnum

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I was adviced by a friend to bond the rail to the action.
This same friend has had some trouble with his set up, a Tikka T3 with EGW rail and a huge IOR scope. The scope moved under recoil on his rifle.
So when I got my Tikka T3 i bonded my EGW 20MOA rail with Loctite Power Epoxy Metal och used blue loctite on the bolts. Granted, the scope I run is not as heavy as his, but I have had zero problems so far.