• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EGW Picatinny Rail (Pic)

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
Just got my Evolution Gun Works picatinny rail. $39 from Midway USA. This is supposed to be a hot new item for the Marlin 917 line. It is available in both 0 and 20 MOA. I got mine in 0 since I can fire out to 300 without needing additional MOA. Eye relief was just a tad bit too far away before. It does exactly what it says it will. Make it perfect! I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

PicatinnyRail.jpg

Re: EGW Picatinny Rail (Pic)

I know I sure love mine on my Savage MKII. Perfect fit, and it let me adjust the eye relief to where it's perfectly comfortable now.

Riases the scope a little too so I can clean the entire barrel underneath it. Just an added little perk to me.

Have on on my tr-sr and good quality. I have a nightforce on my 308 but if it wasn't for buying from the classifieds I would of went EGW.

Sweet! Put the 20 moa egw on my 917s with burris zee rings holding a buckmasters 6-18. Still havnt got it far enough to really need the 20moa but its there for when I do. Fun little gun.
Any idea what yours weighs with the tacticool stock? Been thinkin about one but I carry my 17 around a lot and havnt wanted to add the wieght.
IMG_20100911_172025.jpg

The tacticool stock is about the same as a synthetic, maybe a few ounces heavier. Don't worry about the weight.
I have several EGW rails on my rimfires, they work well and are a great price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The tacticool stock is about the same as a synthetic, maybe a few ounces heavier. Don't worry about the weight.
I have several EGW rails on my rimfires, they work well and are a great price. </div></div>

Yup. Not too much of a difference. Love the SS with the synthetic stock. Nice!

Is it just the angle the picture was taken, or does that base slope the wrong way? It just doesn't look right in the picture to me.

I noticed that too. I think it's just the pic. It doesn't really slope like that in person.