• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EGW Picatinny rail

jpjulian

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2017
Does anyone have first hand experience with the EGW Picatinny rail that mounts on the barrel sight block on a Winchester 52D or H&R M12? I've been using a Redfield 3200 12X scope and switching between both rifles. Been looking around for another vintage scope and prices are through the roof if one is found. I saw this pic rail and figure a modern scope would put me ahead if the rail works well enough. I'm a little concerned it mounts with 2 screws at only one end and cantilevers the rest of the rail. Comments?

I ordered the steel model from EGW, mounted on my 52D Heavy Barrel with Weaver T36.
Does not mount on barrel sight block. Mounts directly to receiver.
No problems for matches.
If I had any problems, I was going to have the rail drilled for more holes but it works fine as is!
50 yd target Eley 10X or Eley CMP.
-Richard
BTW once the rail is mounted, it will not interfere with Redfield Micrometer Rear Sight.

Attachments

• IMG_5081.jpeg
    IMG_5081.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5096.jpeg
    IMG_5096.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: jpjulian
The steel rail is longer , and if you want take a piece of angle and attach the end of the EGW to the inside of the redfield base to support it

Reactions: jpjulian
I ordered the steel model from EGW, mounted on my 52D Heavy Barrel with Weaver T36.
Does not mount on barrel sight block. Mounts directly to receiver.
No problems for matches.
If I had any problems, I was going to have the rail drilled for more holes but it works fine as is!
50 yd target Eley 10X or Eley CMP.
-Richard
BTW once the rail is mounted, it will not interfere with Redfield Micrometer Rear Sight.
Thank you sir.....

Does anyone have first hand experience with the EGW Picatinny rail that mounts on the barrel sight block on a Winchester 52D or H&R M12? I've been using a Redfield 3200 12X scope and switching between both rifles. Been looking around for another vintage scope and prices are through the roof if one is found. I saw this pic rail and figure a modern scope would put me ahead if the rail works well enough. I'm a little concerned it mounts with 2 screws at only one end and cantilevers the rest of the rail. Comments?
Here is another option. BKL-554 4" Long Dovetail to Weaver/Picatinny Cantilever it will clamp to the factory scope block.
1695991311610.jpeg

Lee