• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EGW rail for Mark2 TR

sled_mack

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Slatington, PA
Just curious if anyone else has ordered one of these for their TR rifles?

The EGW web site says the 1 5/8 ejection port is for the Savage 93 and the 1 3/8 is for the Mark2. But my TR measures 1 5/8. Unless I'm measuring it wrong? It's just the opening in the receiver, right?

If anyone has purchased one of these for a TR, which did you purchase and how did it fit?

Thanks.

Re: EGW rail for Mark2 TR

Savage recently started making both the MarkII and the 93 actions the same length.
I got execellent service from EGW, just tell them what you have they will be pleased to ship the proper rail.

Mine was the the regular old mark 2 style one. Never bothered to measure anything since it fit right on without an issue. No problems with it while I had it whatsoever.

If your rifle measures 1 5/8 then order the 1 5/8... it depends on how new the rifle is. My MKII was 1 5/8 as well as my 93. Follow the measurements...

1 5/8ths is your base. Mine is the shorter one but I ordered the longer one and it doesn't look dumb at all.