• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EGW Rem 700 S/A bases?

Re: EGW Rem 700 S/A bases?

I just bought one, and I'm quite pleased. I got the 700 SA w/ 20 MOA cant.

The rifle will be at the next QSC match, on the 5th, if you want to look at it.

I have used the S/A 25 minute base and 3 L/A 25 minute bases. There was an issue with the L/A bases. The base screw holes did not index correctly with the mount holes on the action. I called EGW and they said this was due to a spec change by Remington. My gunsmith was able to make corrections. The S/A mount was dead on. It has been working great on my 700P in .308 for two years.

I bought a 20MOA base for my LA. It didn't come with screws, currently waiting for them.

I just got SA 20 MOA today, not even 15 min. I finished mounting my scope. I have had one on every rifle I needed a canted base for. I have put it on there, and never thought about it, or had to think about it again....You can pay 3x more for a NF, or Badger,....but why?

Yep they work well. Especially if you want a 15-20 moa alloy rail for a lightweight build without paying well over $100 for any of the other options out there.

Whats wrong with their rings? I haven't handled a set, can you elaborate?

I was going to use one but couldn't find it in stock anywhere. Instead I went with a Leatherwood 1-piece mount; it cost me $60 shipped from Opticsplanet. Anyways, the leatherwood is made out of steel and had no alignment issues at all.

Not trying to talk you out of the EGW, just saying there are options if you'd prefer a mount made out of steel.

(the screws that came with the leatherwood were absolute junk, but the local gunshop found me something that would work)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigdog2084</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they are ok but their rings suck </div></div>

First Sorry they did not work out for you. Please return them for a refund.

Not sure what you were unhappy about with them? We had issues with our first cross bolts. We did not use a large enough diameter when we did the roll thread and some people had problems with stripping. I was under the impression that we replaced the people that had problems.

I would like to know what issue you had with the rings, if something we should improve on I would appreciate your input.

Email me direct please [email protected]

ps who do we talk to about being a sponsor on this site? if anyone can Hook us up I would appreciate it.

geo

www.egw-guns.com

Geo-

Send an email to [email protected] re: commercial sponsorship.

I've used 1 rem and 2 winchester bases and have another rem on the way. No real issues, good product--great price--fantastic customer service.

I loved the EGW base that I put and tested on a Savage FTR.
Very nice. The superscrews they came with are nice also. I'd
like to replace all my mounting screws with those. If I am not completely mistaken, most screws are made with a steel alloy
that has a very small amount of lead in it to aid in machining.
Makes it easy to machine, easy to strip. EGW's are heat treated.
I put 50 in/lbs on a 6-48 and it didn't strip. Well, the allen bit in my torque wrench did.
smile.gif

I got one for a TRG, very nice base! +1 for EGW

Got them on two mod 7s, love them, two short actions, love them two and two long actions and you guessed it love them two. great price great service, the only base I will use unless another is given to me. I have not once called to order and the phone rang more than three times.

I'm VERY happy with my EGW 20 moa base on the Vanguard 300WSM.....ordered a LA base on accident and they sent me the SA base while I sent the LA base back!

BEST CS yet!!

I have bought two and loved them. I also corresponded directly with George numerous times through email with very fast response time, great guy, great attitude, great product, great service.

Keep rocking George.

Mike

I have a 20 MOA base for my Rem 700 and just ordered one for a Win M70 LA that I picked up. Great bases - no complaints here.

Bought their picatinny rail for my Rem 7600 pump and it is super quality, fits right, well engineered.

Have been intending to buy base for tikka t3 and win70 sa.

Bought my base 3 yrs ago on Ebay where they also sell.
Recommended Great Value for the money, or when no one else has what you need, the savings are just an extra bonus.

They even offer a $80 brake for the Sako TRG 22/42. If its worth $150 more to buy factory to you, buy factory.

As a matter of fact, I just received one in the mail today, and I'm very happy as it is the last piece I need to finish my set-up. So I haven't mounted it yet, but looking it over I am confident that it's a quality, precise piece. It looks great. And it did come with a bolt set and even an allen wrench. Since I can't comment too much on the function yet, let me tell you about their customer service...

Excellent, just go factory direct. I ordered and then sent an email confirming that they were in stock as I was anxious to get it soon (see next paragraph for related story). George replied right away, assuring me that it would be sent next day or maybe day after. I ordered late in the day on the 25th and just got it today, so I have nothing to complain about. I believe this company has their shit together and that they make quality products. Unlike...

I had originally ordered from SWFA. Nothing on their site or in the order process mentioned that it was on backorder, so I ordered it. Again, it was the last piece I needed and I wanted to go shooting this past weekend (that didn't happen, thanks to SWFA, although I should have known to order things well in advance). Well, a couple days after I placed the order I get a message regretting to inform me that the part is backordered. So I reply asking for an ETA, and give the story how I needed it in time (this was at least 2 weeks ago) for an important family event. They sent back "we have an eta of 3/20/09. So I wait, and wait, by the 22nd I email them politely asking if it had been sent as I had received no update. No reply. So I call them. The girl acted like I was annoying her, barely spoke, no info, just kept saying we don't know when it will be here. In all of my communications I was sure to say how I understand that it is a very busy time in the industry, I was polite. After this is when I ordered from EGW. Then I sent SWFA an email requesting to cancel the order, explaining how I felt it was sub-par service to mis-inform me, twice even. No reply again. So yesterday I called to confirm and yes, they did cancel it, so they did get all of my messages. But I think they are not consistent in replying, and their site should say it was backordered when I ordered, as most of these companies do. If they had been straight with me, even after the order was made, there were a few chances I would have had to cancel it and get one elsewhere. But the way they did it made me think, more than once, that it would be on the way a few days later. I think this is a deliberate (and shady) tactict to get people to place and retain orders, believing it is in stock or on the way soon, when it is not. If I knew what I know now I could've had the part long before today. And if I kept the order (their b.s. didn't work on me for long) I know I still wouldn't see it until maybe a couple more weeks from now. If SWFA has something you want and only they have it, give yourself a long time to receive it. Sorry for the long rant but I just wanted to inform. I know I'm not the first guy to complain about their customer service sucking.

So EGW is good to go, I wouldn't worry about them or their products.

Get it direct or anywhere but SWFA, if you can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvilPistolGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a matter of fact, I just received one in the mail today, and I'm very happy as it is the last piece I need to finish my set-up. So I haven't mounted it yet, but looking it over I am confident that it's a quality, precise piece. It looks great. And it did come with a bolt set and even an allen wrench. Since I can't comment too much on the function yet, let me tell you about their customer service...

Excellent, just go factory direct. I ordered and then sent an email confirming that they were in stock as I was anxious to get it soon (see next paragraph for related story). George replied right away, assuring me that it would be sent next day or maybe day after. I ordered late in the day on the 25th and just got it today, so I have nothing to complain about. I believe this company has their shit together and that they make quality products. Unlike...

I had originally ordered from SWFA. Nothing on their site or in the order process mentioned that it was on backorder, so I ordered it. Again, it was the last piece I needed and I wanted to go shooting this past weekend (that didn't happen, thanks to SWFA, although I should have known to order things well in advance). Well, a couple days after I placed the order I get a message regretting to inform me that the part is backordered. So I reply asking for an ETA, and give the story how I needed it in time (this was at least 2 weeks ago) for an important family event. They sent back "we have an eta of 3/20/09. So I wait, and wait, by the 22nd I email them politely asking if it had been sent as I had received no update. No reply. So I call them. The girl acted like I was annoying her, barely spoke, no info, just kept saying we don't know when it will be here. In all of my communications I was sure to say how I understand that it is a very busy time in the industry, I was polite. After this is when I ordered from EGW. Then I sent SWFA an email requesting to cancel the order, explaining how I felt it was sub-par service to mis-inform me, twice even. No reply again. So yesterday I called to confirm and yes, they did cancel it, so they did get all of my messages. But I think they are not consistent in replying, and their site should say it was backordered when I ordered, as most of these companies do. If they had been straight with me, even after the order was made, there were a few chances I would have had to cancel it and get one elsewhere. But the way they did it made me think, more than once, that it would be on the way a few days later. I think this is a deliberate (and shady) tactict to get people to place and retain orders, believing it is in stock or on the way soon, when it is not. If I knew what I know now I could've had the part long before today. And if I kept the order (their b.s. didn't work on me for long) I know I still wouldn't see it until maybe a couple more weeks from now. If SWFA has something you want and only they have it, give yourself a long time to receive it. Sorry for the long rant but I just wanted to inform. I know I'm not the first guy to complain about their customer service sucking.

So EGW is good to go, I wouldn't worry about them or their products.

Get it direct or anywhere but SWFA, if you can. </div></div>

It's funny this story is identical to what happened to an order of mine from SWFA back at the end of Dec beginning of Jan I had ordered a scope, rings, and a warne base. Nothing about the warne base being backordered until the scope and other items arrived I couldn't figure out where the base was then I looked at the packing sheet and it said the base was backordered. I called and canceled and order an EGW 20 MOA base and couldn't be happier.

I ordered mine from EGW and it was better quality than I expected. I have had zero problems with it. Burris rings and the EGW base are a great low cost option if you ask me.

I have two. One on my 700 223 and one on my 700 308. Both were well built. I was on back order for 2 months, but I do beleive they are in stock now.

For the price they are the ticket. I probably wont buy any other mount. ONly reason I have a Us optics is it was with the gun when I bought it. If I could get the damn thing off (lock tite) I'd sell it and buy two more EGW's.