• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ejection question

Re: Ejection question

Explain "the rear side of the receiver" Rear of the loading port is OK as the bolt retracts further to the rear than the port.

most problems with ejection i have seen are the extractor letting go too early, causing it to never clear the front of the ejection port before letting go.

i would say if it works all the time (clears the case even when the bolt is run hard and rough, and slow and sweet)leave it alone, but if it is still in the bolt face after the case neck clears the front of the ejection port -- i'm wondering WTF.

very weak ejector spring my best guess.......

it is rear of the loading port. I am sure it is ok, just noticing marks left from brass hitting the receiver. thanks for the help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleBarrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rem 700. When ejecting spent cases should they contact the rear side of the receiver? Is this a problem or correct tension? </div></div>

Yes this is normal. The brass will contact on the right side (or left side depending on left or right action) of the action just behind the ejection port.