• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ejector Marks/Stuck Ejector

Csafisher

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 12, 2020
Corpus Christi
So I’m getting some ejector marks and what’s worse is that it’s shaving tiny pieces of brass off and it’s getting around my ejector and making it stick in the down position. This is a Terminus Zeus in 6GT. I’m running alpha brass with 105 Bergers and 32.5grs varget at 2840. .020 off lands. No sticking no heavy bolt lift. This is the 2nd firing. I need to measure growth but once fired brass only grew maybe a thou or so. And this brass still fits and chambers. I also had the same marks at 32grs.

What do y’all think?

I’m hoping the brass is just too short and bounces back hard. But it’s getting annoying. Last couple matches it stopped ejecting during a stage.

Attachments

• IMG_5012.jpeg
    IMG_5012.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5011.jpeg
    IMG_5011.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 62
This is OCD or gen 1 Alpha?

Probably need to measure chamber and brass. Unless there's something like tight bore, carbon, or moisture causing pressure to go high, you shouldn't be in any danger with 28.5gr varget.

Also, is the ejector just dirty, or damaged?

Ejector is just dirty.

After 1st firing I didn’t bump the shoulder. Just body. They didn’t grow enough to need a bump.