• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elcan SpecterDR 1/4 mystery RMR mount

hypno02

Not Politically Correct
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2006
South Dakota
Fellas,

I picked up an elcan a few weeks back and it came this this RMR mount atop what I’m assuming is the doctor mount.

Anyone aware of who may have mfg’d something like this? The fit on a RMR I had laying around seems very good.
13861-F48-5118-4243-A66-C-B9-F97498-EB42.jpg

2-B85-D2-B9-7-FDC-4-E43-9-BF1-FB0-A8-B481184.jpg

Trijicon used to make a Docter/Noblex to RMR adapter plate. I am not sure if they still do. It looks like one of theirs.

ILya
Thanks koshkin! I’m guessing that must be it as I’ve come up with nothing else in my searches.

Since I have you here what are your thoughts on the 1/4 DR?

Thanks koshkin! I’m guessing that must be it as I’ve come up with nothing else in my searches.

Since I have you here what are your thoughts on the 1/4 DR?

I like it quite a bit. I have a fixed 4x Elcan and I am still seriously deliberating about picking up the switch power version as well.

At some point in time I tested all of the different switch power Elcans and it was a mistake to not keep a few of them here. My only reservation is that as I get older, I may not be able to use optics without adjustable eyepiece for too much longer.

ILya

Reactions: hypno02