• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Elcan SpecterDR upgrade?

Re: Elcan SpecterDR upgrade?

I wish they would go larue or adm etc, anything but arms really.

You can order the MkII levers for less than $20 and install them yourself, I did it on my SpecterDR.

I've never had a problem with them, although not on a heavy elcan though.

They didn't mar my rails either, like Larue did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Commander Shepard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can order the MkII levers for less than $20 and install them yourself, I did it on my SpecterDR.

</div></div>

Really! I've been scouring the A.R.M.S. site, and never saw anything about upgrades. Got a link?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Really! I've been scouring the A.R.M.S. site, and never saw anything about upgrades. Got a link?
</div></div>

Call them to order, they aren't listed online. I think I paid something like $16 with shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never had a problem with them, although not on a heavy elcan though.

They didn't mar my rails either, like Larue did. </div></div>

This means you either have an out of spec rail or didn't properly adjust the larue mount. I have them on everything ranging from 223's to a 408 and haven't removed any material from a rail yet.

Got an email answer from Daniel M. Pettry from Raytheon:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir,
Actually, we hope to have a possible upgrade to this type of mounting system within the next year. Thanks.</div></div>

But why wait if it can be done now from ARMS lol!

I know what I'm gettin come tax time!