• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electric cars

What's next electric boots a mohair suit.

I have nothing against a good fuck but -----------

Wondering how the people with electric cars in Florida are feeling as their battery dies as they try to evacuate.
1664392745846.png

My hybrid, gas and electric has a range of about 500 miles with a full tank of fuel with full charge. I can guarantee you will know before me. Oh and by the way it does not have to be plugged in either, can fully just run on gas. And that is on a 10 gal fuel tank, buy more ammo not fuel.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
My hybrid, gas and electric has a range of about 500 miles with a full tank of fuel with full charge. I can guarantee you will know before me. Oh and by the way it does not have to be plugged in either, can fully just run on gas. And that is on a 10 gal fuel tank, buy more ammo not fuel.
So, where do you put your dignity when you drive it ?

I have a 7000# boat. Will your hybrid tow that up a hill?
Actually when they get the technology into trucks they will pull your truck and your boat up a hill no problem. What do you think propels a train ? Electric motors !

Reactions: Hookturnr
I do think that someday electric vehicles may be an acceptable alternative to gas/diesel power. That someday is not now, nor will it be in the next 20 years.

One thing that I have not heard discussed much is how vulnerable our country will be when all vehicles, including military, are electric. All an enemy has to do is disable the electric grid. Nothing moves, people starve, and chaos ensues.

Yea but.....you can walk to a gas station and bring back a jug of gasoline or diesel.
Can't carry electricity so easily.
Sure you can carry a car battery but that ain't a gonna do shit for an electric cars power supply.
Yea but.....😂😂😂
Screenshot_20220928-202937_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Kalthoff
I've got a 6.7 Ford diesel that will get more than that on a full tank.........I did 476 miles yesterday on the interstate with a hand calculated MPG of 22.529 MPG.........

Which one do you have?

That video posted by @RichJ reveals that they AREN'T EVEN CLOSE to replacing trucks with electric yet. And likely won't be for decades.

I am not anti-EV. I think they definitely have their place for use, such as a daily commute, grocery getter, etc. But they aren't gonna work in rural America for people who actually use a half-ton for what its for. Nevermind a 3/4 or one ton truck, EV aren't even in the same universe of capability. Not for the next 20+ years anyway.

Which is fine. Let people who can make use of an EV go for it! But dammit I wish they would stop shoving them down the throat of country mouse.

That video posted by @RichJ reveals that they AREN'T EVEN CLOSE to replacing trucks with electric yet. And likely won't be for decades.

I am not anti-EV. I think they definitely have their place for use, such as a daily commute, grocery getter, etc. But they aren't gonna work in rural America for people who actually use a half-ton for what its for. Nevermind a 3/4 or one ton truck, EV aren't even in the same universe of capability. Not for the next 20+ years anyway.

Which is fine. Let people who can make use of an EV go for it! But dammit I wish they would stop shoving them down the throat of country mouse.

There are a lot of things that still need figured out. Battery technology, fluid technology, additive technology, materials (gear, bearing), copper corrosion, insulation material compatibility. The standards (at least to my knowledge) haven't been finished for performance requirements. Most test rigs were not designed to hit the 20-30k rpm nor replicate the heat produced. Theoretical models have proven inadequate.

This doesn't even begin to touch on grid infrastructure....oh and it's not green. I think once they hammer out the kinks, some interesting vehicles will be produced but until then... ICE, ICE, ICE baby.

Miss my VW passat TDI.

Best mileage on a single tank was 925 miles - driving from Chicago to Ft. Lee, VA.

I was regularly averaging 6-800 Miles on a tank during the spring and summer months.

Then VW got busted for their emissions....with over 150k miles on the engine couple issues i decided to sell it back to VW for ridiculous price.

Currently drive a hybrid accord and it does the job fine.

Not sure I'd ever settle for a pure electric car.

Reactions: TripleBull
The people that run out juice and have to be recharged on the side of the road are total fucking idiots. The car will literally tell you when it's going to run out juice and where the closest recharge station is. That shit will even map it out and tell you how many mile you have left when you get there. The network so connected, it will let you know how many people are at that charging station.

Like it or not, it's going to be the way of the future. The technology is getting better and better every year. I'm not getting one anytime soon as I hate the way most of them look. But I won't hate on them either since some of the technology they are bringing to the masses is amazing.

Actually when they get the technology into trucks they will pull your truck and your boat up a hill no problem. What do you think propels a train ? Electric motors !
That's the funniest thing I have read all day. Electric motors on trains are running off of huge diesel engines. The tanks of fuel are huge. OH, but they are ELECTRIC! If you were referring to electric trains powered off of overhead wires or a 3d rail, guess how THAT electricity is created.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
The people that run out juice and have to be recharged on the side of the road are total fucking idiots. The car will literally tell you when it's going to run out juice and where the closest recharge station is. That shit will even map it out and tell you how many mile you have left when you get there. The network so connected, it will let you know how many people are at that charging station.

Like it or not, it's going to be the way of the future. The technology is getting better and better every year. I'm not getting one anytime soon as I hate the way most of them look. But I won't hate on them either since some of the technology they are bringing to the masses is amazing.
That car is just estimating the range for a charge. Turn the heater on and range gets cut in half. Put that into the calculation. 😂 shit where’s the generator!!

it reminds me of those driver less cars that legally only the owner is held responsible if they get into a crash cause everyone from the car company to the makers of the unit that does the driving have covered there own asses legally anyway and what is the point of a driver less car if not to remove the driver from driving . michael knight did not have to stay awake on a long drive when kitt was driving well why should I lol

The electric cars are breaking the grid in California. Too bad.

They gonna send out the brown shirt grid Nazi's that will shoot you and your dog because they can just for fun.

And over half you dumbshits don't belive that will happen.

Suggest some of you jackasses that don't understand the stazie will off you just to remain relevant learn to suck dick.

I'm to old and set in my ways to learn new tricks so I will just uphold the constitution best I can till I catch one.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
They will tax you by the mile and your car will send them your mileage as you drive it, when they actually allow you to drive.
They will install kill switches that they can operate. They will be controlled by communist party leaders (Democrats) and enforced by people you don't have balls enough to deal with.

Happy happy joy joy.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
Miss my VW passat TDI.

Best mileage on a single tank was 925 miles - driving from Chicago to Ft. Lee, VA.

I was regularly averaging 6-800 Miles on a tank during the spring and summer months.

Then VW got busted for their emissions....with over 150k miles on the engine couple issues i decided to sell it back to VW for ridiculous price.

Currently drive a hybrid accord and it does the job fine.

Not sure I'd ever settle for a pure electric car.
My VW Jetta has a turbo diesel. 11 gallon tank gets about 500 miles and I can "recharge" the fuel tank in 5 minutes🤣

They will install kill switches that they can operate.
Why do you think almost all cars now have something along the lines of "on star" and keyless start ?
They installed the ability years ago my nizzle.
All they have to do is push the button (or probably more like run a simple script).

Remember, just because you opted not to have the on star activated, or decide not to pay the monthly charge for it.....in no way means it's not active.

I've got a 6.7 Ford diesel that will get more than that on a full tank.........I did 476 miles yesterday on the interstate with a hand calculated MPG of 22.529 MPG.........l
So, where do you put your dignity when you drive it ?
I put it in my wallet as I laugh at all you guys in your big trucks throwing $250.00 in your tank every time you hit a station. I might throw $ 40.00 a week at best. That leaves a lot of cheddar for other hobby’s. Im cheap on certain things and throwing money down the drain on fuel is one of them. I rarely don’t need a truck for every day activities like a lot of folks.

Where they work, they work pretty good.

Where we live and what we do, they won’t do.

Further, if it is ever worked out to where they can do what we need them to do, the world’s supply of lithium and other heavy metals necessary to make those super batteries will long be depleted. I have long been a proponent of easily changed batteries using less volatile metals. Not as convenient as diesel of gasoline, but much better than enjoying the vista’s while camping out at a charging station.

What bothers me the most is an attempt to eliminate us country mice

Reactions: Namekagon
That's the funniest thing I have read all day. Electric motors on trains are running off of huge diesel engines. The tanks of fuel are huge. OH, but they are ELECTRIC! If you were referring to electric trains powered off of overhead wires or a 3d rail, guess how THAT electricity is created.
My main point was the torque that is applied to the drive train is electric, it can not function in any other sustainable capacity other than electric motors with the astronomical payload. Hence a train is a hybrid and has served us very well in commodity transport. The main point was that this technology is going to be applied to heavy payload applications in the future with impressive power results. I’m not completely sold on fully electric vehicles at this point myself. Granted the battery production seems to create more problems that it seems to solve. But gas and electric combined I think can be a valuable asset in the future.

That car is just estimating the range for a charge. Turn the heater on and range gets cut in half. Put that into the calculation. 😂 shit where’s the generator!!
Not the case on a hybrid, remember it has a combustion engine as well that runs the heater too !

I do think that someday electric vehicles may be an acceptable alternative to gas/diesel power. That someday is not now, nor will it be in the next 20 years.

One thing that I have not heard discussed much is how vulnerable our country will be when all vehicles, including military, are electric. All an enemy has to do is disable the electric grid. Nothing moves, people starve, and chaos ensues.

I generally think along these lines as well, then remember the time between the wright brothers and landing on the moon. Lots can happen very quickly. But with this, I don't think so.

Some things happen quickly like flight with so many things driving it, a couple world wars does wonders for advancing tech across a very wide area. Batteries are just not going to make the leap we saw between nicad and lithium again for a long while. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING that is better is just not better enough, and to get just a little better it gets very expensive.

There are places for electric cars today, not every place. If I still lived in town and everything I did was inside a 50 mile circle, yea I would have an electric car. Now no.

I put it in my wallet as I laugh at all you guys in your big trucks throwing $250.00 in your tank every time you hit a station. I might throw $ 40.00 a week at best. That leaves a lot of cheddar for other hobby’s. Im cheap on certain things and throwing money down the drain on fuel is one of them. I rarely don’t need a truck for every day activities like a lot of folks.
Don't worry , we will get our laugh when you have to replace the batterys !

I skimmed your article as I really wanted to comment on this.

This is something that people just don't think about, well the ones at the top pushing it know about it, but the idiot on the street running around saying that an EV is "clean" zero clue.

The "china controlled" could not be more correct if it tried. Cobalt is a biggie, and most of it comes from Africa. African countries that took huge loans from china, with china knowing they would never be paid back, so china gets a "lease" of this that or the other for 99 years. (learned that from england and the US). These lands are usually a port somewhere if applicable, and mines where things the west is hungry for, rare earth magnets, cobalt are a couple biggies.

Want a real shocker look at the labor practices in those countries with 8yr old children being "mules" in the mines to carry enough ore to get $4 in their pocket for a days of hard work and a death at 20. All pushed by this battery religion.

Reactions: rhsc and Int1968

However if you watch the video of the towing truck, it says it has a 300 mile range, hook a trailer up and watch every mile eat 3 in range, you don't know how far you are going to get.

Good try however.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
Hey I’m not here to tell anyone what to do, you don’t like the technology don’t buy one I could give a fuck less. You want to commute in your big truck and throw $ 250.00 + a week in the tank I don’t care, your choice. Personally I would rather put that moneys towards other things, my choice. Out !

Reactions: 308pirate
It will put that into calculation too.

And what does "fast charging" do to your battery, is it "good" for it. No it is not, and in one case it will shut off at 80% charge if off a fast charger. That is a little like going to a gas station and saying no don't fill it up, fill it to 3/4 a tank please. That is just so far past stupid.

Don't worry , we will get our laugh when you have to replace the batterys !

No just throw the car away and buy a new one, you are a consumer you must consume. And whatever you do don't ask about recycle of those batteries, don't look over there.

The weak link in all of this innovation is the battery.
The most powerful equipment (Locomotives, CAT generators, etc) still need a plain old battery or that equipment is dead in the water. Since the invention of the internal combustion engine, man has come up with ideas on how to start the engine.
A few that I have worked on during my lifetime:
"Starting motor" or "Pony Motor". Caterpillar built equipment that had a small gasoline motor attached to the main diesel engine. The operator would take a starting rope and get the pony motor running at high RPM. A lever with a clutch or belt would be pulled and the pony motor would spin over the large diesel motor and get it started.

"Air Starters".. OTR trucks would have an additional large tank mounted on the frame and most thought they were a diesel fuel tank. That was an air reservoir. A push button in the cab was a valve that sent air to an air starter. It would spin over the large diesel engine until it started. On cold days it took more cranking and the air tank would run out of air. Trucks were parked next to an air compressor that would be used to re-pressure the tank until the engine started. If the truck was not near an air tank a portable compressor would have to be dispatched to fill the tank on the truck.

"Manual hand crank"... Historical... Portable equipment with no starter would be hand cranked to get the engines running... Like an old Harley with no starter..

Several friends have solar panels on their roof. With the increased cost of battery replacement they have disabled their systems.... Inflation, recession, material shortages and a host of other things have made their systems too expensive to maintain.

It's the "battery"...

The weak link in all of this innovation is the battery.
The most powerful equipment (Locomotives, CAT generators, etc) still need a plain old battery or that equipment is dead in the water. Since the invention of the internal combustion engine, man has come up with ideas on how to start the engine.
A few that I have worked on during my lifetime:
"Starting motor" or "Pony Motor". Caterpillar built equipment that had a small gasoline motor attached to the main diesel engine. The operator would take a starting rope and get the pony motor running at high RPM. A lever with a clutch or belt would be pulled and the pony motor would spin over the large diesel motor and get it started.

"Air Starters".. OTR trucks would have an additional large tank mounted on the frame and most thought they were a diesel fuel tank. That was an air reservoir. A push button in the cab was a valve that sent air to an air starter. It would spin over the large diesel engine until it started. On cold days it took more cranking and the air tank would run out of air. Trucks were parked next to an air compressor that would be used to re-pressure the tank until the engine started. If the truck was not near an air tank a portable compressor would have to be dispatched to fill the tank on the truck.

"Manual hand crank"... Historical... Portable equipment with no starter would be hand cranked to get the engines running... Like an old Harley with no starter..

Several friends have solar panels on their roof. With the increased cost of battery replacement they have disabled their systems.... Inflation, recession, material shortages and a host of other things have made their systems too expensive to maintain.

It's the "battery"...
This^^^^^ the battery will be the down fall of EV!