• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electric fences

Is this the view down your range??

1583396059736.png

I don't have power yet, which is why I'm going with solar.

So maybe I'll run another ground about Midway in my fence run? I know, or I think I know, more ground the better.
Dogs don't take as much coaxing as a goat though.
no!!! only ground at the charger, if your soil is moist, one is fine, try to get it in 3 feet, or use 3 a foot deep. Use good quality wire to the ground and to the fence. Also if the ground is dry, you can dump a bucket of water around the ground rod. The ground rod is what does the work for you. That 5 mile fencer is rated under ideal conditions. For the conditions you described it should be enough. If it quits working and the animals find it first, then you develop problems. It isn't a build it forget it thing, keep an eye on it. Damp soil moisture is good.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
You'd better look deeper into that contract. If it's like the east coast ones I've dealt with, it's 20 years and doesn't change with ownership.

Realtor didn't say anything about any tree contract. Nothing in the deed.

I would think someone would have told me I couldn't cut the trees. The neighbor said something about his trees being part of some deal.
I've not seen any papers on it so I'm not gonna fret too much.

I doubt if there’s a contract, I think the pulp market went TU, cost more to log them then they’d be worth even in 40 years. They suck up a lot of ground water. Probably looking at an expensive septic system

I doubt if there’s a contract, I think the pulp market went TU, cost more to log them then they’d be worth even in 40 years. They suck up a lot of ground water. Probably looking at an expensive septic system

No expensive septic as far as I know, but I just pulled permit. No call so far for anything beyond normal system. ~2300$ rough guess for standard, and engineer said everything looks standard.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Sweet, be about 15-25 thousand around here and they blow out in about 10-15 years and have to be repaired- mound system

• Wow
Wouldn’t be a completely terrible idea for the leach bed to keep the area where you’re sticking the fencing ground rod moist.
Just a thought.

No lectric fence up today. May not get a rountuit this trip. Thinking I'll go fishing to the big lake tomorrow.
Got a bit done today. Reused an old futon to make a shelf and bunk bed for the cabin.
I need to get some wall boards up. When we arrived Tuesday night, there was a Anole hanging out on a water jug in the floor. Wife saw the lizard and bout shit. I tried to reason with her, "They are harmless, great pets, eat palmetto bugs, very good to have around." She just wanted it gone.
Soooo.....since she made such a big deal out of it, I thought I'd have a little fun.
"Lemme check under the other bed for Rattlers before you put that other mattress on the floor."
THAT was not a good idea! I thought she was going to murder me in my sleep.
And today I had to hang her mattress in the air.

download_20200305_154536.jpg

download_20200305_154530.jpg

Keep an eye out if you go for a swim in Open Pond. I remember a dude got his arm torn off at shoulder by gator a few years ago!

Lol, I wondered. Got sideways with the cottonwood farm

My latest discovery this morning.....
Piss ants invaded the pantry shelf. She couldn't find the Terro, so she poured dishwashing liquid all over the shelf and just wiped/smeared it all over. Then I found the Terro for her, and she squirted that all over the shelf ?. I go to feed the dogs this morning, it's all over the bottom of the bag of food, my pepridge farm cookies, cheezits, everything. At which point I lectured her on how deadly Terro is to even dogs and humans.

Always an adventure with her. She refuses to use the shit bucket. I have to haul her to town to pinch a biscuit.

I can't wait till that septic is finished.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Lol, and I thought trying to decide which powder to start a ladder test was a dilemma.

So what powder would you guys use for a 300 weatherby, 24” barrel, 225 eldm? I posted in the reloading forum but no response,probably not a lot of long range 300 weatherby fans maybe. Something to keep long hairs out from 1000-1200 yards

It could be safely loaded with either H4895 or FFFg.

If it were a win mag I’d say H1000.

So what powder would you guys use for a 300 weatherby, 24” barrel, 225 eldm? I posted in the reloading forum but no response,probably not a lot of long range 300 weatherby fans maybe. Something to keep long hairs out from 1000-1200 yards

Kingsford

Seriously I haven't shot 1000yd BR since '99. I never shot anything that big...no real need. I used 300win mag and 30 BooBoo. The booboo was wildcat based on the German 8x68, developed by Dave Tooley.
Whatever I used, it would be Hogden powder. H1000 sounds about right.

But...
I don't give much advice on the internet anymore. Too much internet static with folks wanting their assumptions to be stroked and petted.

You can lay you 8 foot ground rod horizontally in a 2 foot trench.
Or
Get a generator and a hammer drill and install it normally.

with those trees in the fore ground and the firework in the background would be a truly special pic lol