• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Electronic Call

Jhunt41

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
North Idaho
Anybody have one they have used and liked or disliked? I'm looking to buy one, but want some feedback first.

JH

Re: Electronic Call

+1 on the Foxpro. The internal alkalines SUCK wheen it is really cold out. I fixed it with some wire and a 12v lead acid rechargable. Lots of sounds and the remote is wonderful.

I'd pick up a used Fox-Pro FX3 or comparable. More sounds than you will ever need, nice, light, and compact. I bought one about two years ago.

I usually use rechargables but am switching back to regular batteries. The rechargeable are expensive and don't seem to haold a charge as long as the standard throwaway types.

just got a fx3 the other day, i have been calling coyotes with it some and have got them to bark and howl back to the call but have not been able to call any in yet. what are some successful calling strategies and sequences that you would recommend?