• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic Muffs

nashlaw

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2006
manchester, tn
What are you using and recommend? Want a set that lets me get a cheekweld and does a good job of noise reduction. Also concerned with durability, so if you had one set for good while, i would be interested in hearing about it.

Be nice to hear what to avoid, too.

I just ordered a set of Sordin Supreme they seem to get a pretty good rap, they haven't turned up yet but I'll let you know what I think of them when I get a chance to use them.

+1 on MSA Sordin Prp ear muffs. Have half a dozen different makes including some expensive electronic ones. The Sordins by far are the best. Triad Tactical is an authorized dealer would check them out.

Ok so I finally received (slow mail in Au) my Sordin Supreme electronic ear muffs and have used them I cant recommend them enough.

You can hear the sound of gunfire but it's not loud but at the same time you can hear people talking ect to the point where I had to turn down the sensitivity quite a bit.
Because I could here to much from the people on the other ranges.

If you're on the fence about buying these do it you will not be sorry.

I've been using my Howard leight earmuffs for about 6mos now and don't have any complaints. Haven't shot with them on a bolt rifle exclusively yet though. I have shot a few bolt rifles and they HARDLY get in the way on a few of them but still do their job. I'm sure they'll do just fine when I get my AIAT.

I use the Howard Leight muffs as well and am satisfied with them. They're must less than some of the others out there, but they do what I want them to do just fine.

I have a used pair of Howard Leight's and a new pair. Im happy with them, work well, cheek weld is not a problem. You can get some feedback from your cell phone. After 2-3 hours of use thy can make my head hurt.

I have a used pair of Howard Leight's and a new pair. Im happy with them, work well, cheek weld is not a problem. You can get some feedback from your cell phone. After 2-3 hours of use thy can make my head hurt.

I have had the Howard Leights for about five years now and like them. A friend and my Wife both cannot shoot with them on. They tend to push up when they get on the rifle.

The battery life in mine has lasted for a couple years since the last battery change. They get used one day a weekend for four to eight hrs.

Hmmm interesting point. I have not experienced any discomfort or had them shift when firing - but one of my shooting buddies also did not like the way they fit after a couple of hours.

Just picked up some caldwell e-max on sale at Dicks for $20. They're alright but definitely make me want to try some better options.

I have multiple pairs of Peltor Com Tac I & IIs and never had a problem, even when wearing a brain bucket.

Once you decide on a brand and model, put some thought in to replacing the factory ear seals with silicone gel ear seals... you will get a better sound seal around your eye pro, and is easier on your grape when wearing them for extended periods of time.

ETA: Also think about using lithium batteries in your ear pro... it will save you from having to remove the alkaline batteries for storage and won't corrode the battery terminals.

Last edited: