• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic Predator Call. what you guys using?

BiggBeans

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Kansas
Going to be ordering a new electronic predator call. Guessing we have some predator hunters around here? What are you guys using? I have a little foxpro inferno and its called in alot of coyotes. But i hate the remote. Want to buy the best call out there. Thinking either the xWave or the lucky duck roughneck.

My buddy and I used an old Foxpro that was nice and reliable. Tried that Convergent HP Bullet when it came out for fun. What a pile of shit. We got one from them directly....piece of shit would drop connection repeatedly and app crashed. Sent back. Thought hey let's give it another shot so got one off Amazon....piece of shit. About 30 yards away and drops signal. Then it would play random calls not what we selected on phone....tried multiple phones. I guess we are idiots, but my 2 cents is leave that Convergent HP on the shelf. Buddy has destroyed truck loads of yotes with a really old Foxpro.

I own several. Many different name brands. Waste of money. If you must call, use hand calls. Otherwise buy the best binoculars you can afford and glass them up.

Reactions: DanGroves
Never used a hand call in my life. Binoculars don't work at night but thermal is great. We kill a lot of yotes. Guess different regions....different tactics, maybe.

Yeah, night hunting is a different game. You pretty much have to call. Around here the coyotes know the foxpro library by heart. You fire up the foxpro in my ao and they run the other way.

I own several. Many different name brands. Waste of money. If you must call, use hand calls. Otherwise buy the best binoculars you can afford and glass them up.

I know alot of predator hunters who run electronic callers. And i hunt with alot of them too. When youre calling in quads, tripples, and doubles with electronic callers, i wouldnt consider them a waste of money. Ive had good luck with mouth calls as well. But the majority of the coyotes ive shot have been with electronic callers.

I don't know if its because a bunch of guys get the same call, or just one guy educating them with said call, but yea, they learn. I had a Primos something or other. Worked great the first year, next year I wasn't seeing much using it. I stopped by the local gun store and they were on his shelf. He was like "yea, I have sold a lot of this things." So, i bought a fox pro, early season, yea when there are young dumbs, but as the season goes along its effectives tails off considerably. I am sure there are just a bunch of guys running the same sounds.

Reactions: Mater2009
I know alot of predator hunters who run electronic callers. And i hunt with alot of them too. When youre calling in quads, tripples, and doubles with electronic callers, i wouldnt consider them a waste of money. Ive had good luck with mouth calls as well. But the majority of the coyotes ive shot have been with electronic callers.

Can we see a picture of your coyote rifle?

67C71BC6-A323-427F-A226-8443B954FB62.jpeg
Can we see a picture of your coyote rifle?

Last edited:
My vote goes to lucky duck. Everybody in my AO has a fox pro. I run a primos. It works good on smarter dogs but brings in nowhere the amount of dogs I’ve seen the lucky ducks bring in.