• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic scale choices...

alexlaw86

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2008
Hi guys,

Just set myself up with a Hornady LNL press and all the goodies to load 308WIN. Now all I have left to buy is a set of good quality electronic scales.. what a choice!

I have been looking around at the various different scales RCBS, Lyman, Hornady etc. The thing that I do not like about the 'better' scales such as the RCBS Charge master 1500's is that the scales sit to high for a powder trickler to trickle into. You would need to prop up your powder trickler in order to obtain enough height if I am not mistaken.

Just wondering if you guys have had any experience with some good quality electronic scales suitable for loading match grade .308WIN cartridges. Any suggestions and advice would certainly be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

Re: Electronic scale choices...

I like the Chargemaster as well!

Some of our more worldly members use one called the "Promiscuous".
Apparently it's very accurate, fast and yet slutty!

Yeah the RCBS chargemaster scale/ dispenser combo is very good. I use it for 308, 223, 40s&w, 45acp, and 22-250. Could not have been better. I have 2, one of them still brand new in box. The other one is a backup but I realized these dispenser scale combos are soo accurate, rugged, and reliable that I do not need the second one for backup. I am willing to sell a brand new in box if you want it.

Thank you

Gene

I use a Chargemaster as well, BUTTTTTTTT, everybody should have a balance beam scale such as 505 or 10-10

Re: Electronic scale choices... Check this Link

Charge master 1500 so you can always add the dispenser later. Yes use the I think its Lyman trickler with the adjustable base. I looked but there is no name on the trickler. I bought it from Cabelas. That is what I used before I purchased the dispenser.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Chargemaster as well, BUTTTTTTTT, everybody should have a balance beam scale such as 505 or 10-10 </div></div>

I could not agree more! I'm lucky that mine are pretty close but you should check to verify. If they are a little different it won't matter as long as you know in advance.

If I was to buy a scale from scratch, I would get a tuned 10-10 from Scott Parker. There's contact info on 6mmBR.com if your interseted.

ChargeMaster 1500 combo here as well! Cant picture life without one.

I have a chargemaster myself, and love it.

I also use my My-Weigh Gempro 250..