• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic scales

rockn30809

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
GA
I'm using the Lee beam scale but would like to possibly get a electronic scale soon. I'm leaning tword the RCBS and would like to hear some feedback from folks that own one. One thing I've heard is they are sensitive to temperture change, just how sensitive? My reloading room is in the basement and the teperture does swing during the day.

Re: Electronic scales

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You looking for just an electronic scale or one that dispenses powder too? </div></div>

Right now just a scale but won't rule out a chargemaster dispenser.

Mechanical scales are bulletproof,I'd not dabble the electronic frustrations...unless you are compelled to sort components by weight.

I have a Dillon electronic scale and it's worked great, it always measures the check weights right and keeps it's zero. A wandering zero is a problem with some scales.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockn30809</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now just a scale, but won't rule out a Chargemaster dispenser. </div></div>
The dispenser justifies the electronic scale.

I'm using an OLD Dillon I got in the mid 1990s when they first came out. At that time ALL powder scales were using the same chip from the same supplier. You needed to rezero the scale before each time you use it. They only hold their zero for a minute or two at the best.

But all things aside, it does what it's made to do. If I HAVE to get it right I use a laboratory balance. It's mounted on a 4" granite slab.

The new Dillon scales must have a better chip, I got mine a few months ago. I would probably go with the RCBS though if I did it over just in case I ever wanted to get a Chargemaster later on.

I am not sure what your wanting to use it for as I would not trust this unit on powder, although I did check it against my RCBS 505 scale and it was spot on. I use mine for weighing brass and seems to work great, way faster than using a balance scale!! It holds its zero from when you turn it on and zero it, until you shut it off. And its only $21 shipped!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-1542-GRAIN-DIGIT...=item3a57cd9528

I use a Pact digital and love it. I do check with check weights often just to be sure. A lot quicker than mechanical. I also have the powder dispenser.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winchester 69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockn30809</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now just a scale, but won't rule out a Chargemaster dispenser. </div></div>
The dispenser justifies the electronic scale. </div></div>

It will also serve another, legal purpose besides reloading.