• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Element Nexus 5-20x50 Fuzzy Reticle?

leendertp

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2021
The Mooooon
I've had this scope a while. I even shot a match with it and did pretty well, but I had it out in the reloading room with me and as it happened I looked through it and a few of my other scopes back to back so to speak. Something which I had noticed but sort of ignored a few times really jumped out at me.

The reticle, no matter how many guides I read and how much I play with the diopter just looks nowhere near as good as my other scopes. I had a Delta Stryker, PST Gen II, and my cheap Rudolph out and the reticles on all three were noticeably crisper. The scope always looked like the diopter is just a bit off. @koshkin mentions this scope here so I thought it must be mine that is faulty.

Other than that I liked the scope, but this direct comparison and my expectation had me reach our to Element. I sent the scope in, I had to pay, and I just got the bill to have it sent back to me too. The response I got after it was sent to Matt Dubber was: "I’m not finding any faults with the scope, it is operating as normal. I’m sorry if the customers eyes can’t fucus on the reticle, but the scope itself is within spec and we can’t replace a scope that isn’t faulty”.

Accompanying that was a small video which I will try to include here. When I look at this video I basically see the same issue, the reticle is fuzzy. The small little numbers, especially at the extremes are very fuzzy. The the background that is being focused on with the big numbers is crisp.

So all that build up for this question, is that fine? Does that look fine to you? Should I expect better from a $1.5k scope? Personally I'd really rather have another of one of my cheaper scopes with a nice crisp reticle, or for the same money, another Stryker.

On a unrelated note, the CS has been dreadful, but that's neither here nor there. It joins the relatively short list, along with the off center mushy turrets and bleeding illumination and 4x erector of things I don't like about this scope.

That’s not good!! For 1500 you think you’d get better service from them. I’ve run the nexus, titan and the helix but have spent a good amount of time with the nexus and titan. Both have been flawless. I can’t seem to focus the titan the best at powers above 20 at ranges below 60 yards but other then that they’ve both ran flawless for thousands and thousands of rounds with a ton of dialing. The nexus glass i find very nice with no issues with the reticle. It sounds like you have a faulty one

That’s not good!! For 1500 you think you’d get better service from them. I’ve run the nexus, titan and the helix but have spent a good amount of time with the nexus and titan. Both have been flawless. I can’t seem to focus the titan the best at powers above 20 at ranges below 60 yards but other then that they’ve both ran flawless for thousands and thousands of rounds with a ton of dialing. The nexus glass i find very nice with no issues with the reticle. It sounds like you have a faulty one
Mine was sitting on an older RPR that I don't shoot much anymore. More of an emotional attachment, so haven't shot it as much as I should have.

Agreed mine tracks well and the glass is good.

Could always just sell it. Although the temptation to tell them to keep their scope and... is strong.

Well I hope something gets figured out for you. My shooting partner has been running them as well for the last season and has had nothing but excellent things to share about them in there respected price ranges. That said I felt like they punched above there weight class slightly.

Everyone makes a lemon from time to time, but shitty service can bury a company and kill a reputation faster then a bad product.

Well I hope something gets figured out for you. My shooting partner has been running them as well for the last season and has had nothing but excellent things to share about them in there respected price ranges. That said I felt like they punched above there weight class slightly.

Everyone makes a lemon from time to time, but shitty service can bury a company and kill a reputation faster then a bad product.
That's exactly what I was thinking earlier.

Reactions: Matt_3479
Not sure if you purchased this through us or not, however, as a supporting vendor here and an authorized Element dealer it would be my pleasure to assist you in getting this made right.
Thanks for this, it's very kind. I sent feedback to the tester again, and he checked the reticle specifically and found some issue with the etching that I do not fully understand, it results in the reticle looking a bit faint.

So they decided to replace my scope and sent me a side by side of my reticle and a normal one and you can definitely see the difference, probably why it popped out to me when I was looking at it with my other scope. All's well that ends well

Thanks for this, it's very kind. I sent feedback to the tester again, and he checked the reticle specifically and found some issue with the etching that I do not fully understand, it results in the reticle looking a bit faint.

So they decided to replace my scope and sent me a side by side of my reticle and a normal one and you can definitely see the difference, probably why it popped out to me when I was looking at it with my other scope. All's well that ends well
Glad, not only, that they got it corrected but also found the cause. Nice for you to know you weren't seeing things lol and that they investigated it in order to find out what was happening.