• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Elephant Hunting!! CHEAP!!!

Averagejoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
Behind You!!!
One of my friends owns a large safari operation in South Africa but hunts heavily in Zimbabwe also. He contacted me yesterday to let me know about NAC (Nuisance Animal Control) permits for elephant in Zimbabwe and that he had 6 left. Here's the scoop. 1st Elephant all inclusive for 8,500.00 each and they are all trophy bulls. Now there are still Export issues with Zim so the trophy would have to stay in Zim until the restrictions were lifted in the next year or so. Regardless of the trophy's that is a very strong price on Elephant.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="color: #FF0000">## Sorry Everyone But the prices that I had gotten were in Euros not USD so I adjusted the above statement to show the correct price. This is a 7 Day Hunt by the way 10 days is $9,500.00 ##</span></span>

I'm headed over and thought I would pass on the info to anyone else who wants to get on this deal.. I am taking 3 so there are 3 more up for grabs...That's a silly price as an average *Good* bull hunt runs about 20-25,000.00 in most places now...

Drop me a line and I will fill you in if interested.

Re: Elephant Hunting!! CHEAP!!!

i'll tag along...............

but i want to use my .50

....now where did i put my lotto ticket...

You can use your 50... I'm gonna use my 470 or 500 you are just limited to the type of ammo you can take..

I know some people that might be intrested, is there a website or anything I can send them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> One of my friends owns a large safari operation in South Africa but hunts heavily in Zimbabwe also. He contacted me yesterday to let me know about NAC (Nuisance Animal Control) permits for elephant in Zimbabwe and that he had 6 left. Here's the scoop. 1st Elephant all inclusive for 7,000.00 each and they are all trophy bulls. Now there are still Export issues with Zim so the trophy would have to stay in Zim until the restrictions were lifted in the next year or so. Regardless of the trophy's that is a very strong price on Elephant.

I'm headed over and thought I would pass on the info to anyone else who wants to get on this deal.. I am taking 3 so there are 3 more up for grabs...That's a silly price as an average *Good* bull hunt runs about 20-25,000.00 in most places now...

Drop me a line and I will fill you in if interested. </div></div>

If these are problem elephants, it is highly unlikely that any part of the elephant would EVER be exportable......

There is no website and Gonehuntin is partially correct on Non Exportable. Zimbabwe does have the right to keep the trophy permanently and they may do so on this excursion or not. If that is the case there is the option to bid on your own ivory at there annual ivory auction.

Here are a few photos from Last years trip. Notice the Local Village in the background and the Corn Field they are in. This is the reason they are on PAC permits...

ZimElephant10.jpg

ZimElephant8.jpg

Don't take a camera that looks professional, if the gov in Zim think your press, you holiday may be a little longer then you expected.

I personally wouldn't trust anything that Rob Mugabe's mob says, that includes problem elephants, the country is bancrupt and this is probably a way to get dollars in.

Sorry if this is too political for this board.

Jerky?

No wait a minute, anybody who'd pay $8500 to bag an elephant would be dining on prime rib...

WOW, thats a great price, I know guys that pay $10,000.00 every year to go deer hunting in Mexico. Granted theyre comin home with trophy bucks, but your gointo Africa to kill and elephant. Outstanding price, good luck and becareful.

Seth

I had a friend who went on one of these cheaper cull hunts and by the time he went the price had gone up 4 times do to the corrupt government. Make sure the price is etched in stone and you get lots of refrences from people who have killed as well as 2 or 3 from people who have not killed. Happy hunters usually have happy thoughts.
Jeff

Gentlemen..
1) I hold a valid Professional Hunters license for Zimbabwe and have taken many hunters out on such control operations.

2) No, I am not offering to guide you. Speak to me if you want a lion - have some openings there.

3) Going price for PAC ele's this year is around US$ 7000- there are some cheaper. If you are paying more than 8k including transfer - you are paying too much

4) make sure who ever guides you holds a valid Zim PH license! There are alot of South African operators conducting illegal hunts in Zim.

5) Zim has more than it's fair share of problems. However, if you are hunting with a reputable operator, who holds a valid license there will be no problems. Zim has the most user friendly gun importation laws in Africa, and the production of a Zim PH licesne at a police road block usually takes care of any questions.

6) There has been trouble in some areas- notably on private farms. PAC elephants are all taken in tribal areas. So no danger of the malitia or any other such BS.

7) If you go hunting on an 'occupied' farm or in a national park...you may reap what you deserve.

8) Go and have a look at accuratereloading.com and ask there. There are litterally a couple of 100 good PH's you could hunt with. to name a few here would be to do a diservice to many other good men.

I've hunted Zimb with before for Buff and Leopard I'm interested in a Elephant hunt for 2012 please contact me
Tony

"Now there are still Export issues with Zim so the trophy would have to stay in Zim until the restrictions were lifted in the next year or so. Regardless of the trophy's that is a very strong price on Elephant."

have they lifted the restrictions on cheetah yet?

PS... thats a great deal on an elephant!!!! if i wasnt saving for russian brown bear, i would be all over this!!!

I need two elephant hunts in Zimb for the first week of July 2012 plus some plains game please contact me.
Tony

My phone # is 516-369-0402 e-mail [email protected] anybody out there that knows of an affordable elephant hunt for two bulls for the first week of July 2012
Tony