• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Elevated shooting platforms?

R.Walters

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2009
Clarke County, Va
i want to construct a platform approx. 4 meters high, and have at least 81 square feet. let me know of some ideas you have in mind. thanks

Re: Elevated shooting platforms?

How about a 4 meter tall platform with a middle level at 2 meters. Would help the structure and give you a 2nd level to shoot from. Think about building a "roof" or angled structure above some of the top level, more diversity in positions.

We bult a roof over half of our range tower, installed small window cut outs. Has made a ton of great training opportunities.

i was mainly looking for a prone setup, the height in the tower will give me more distance. im still debating on a permanent one or just one for the mean time out of bails

I've got about $1500 in my 12x12 with the second level at around 12' off the ground. First floor is built solid to keep down movement. Second floor is 2x8's with plywood decking. Hang some carpet on the walls if your shooting from inside. The roof is about 16' of the ground and I can shoot from it. Second floor is for prone shooting only.