• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

elevation adjustable base suggestion..

EWXQ

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2023
from
Hello folks,

I'm planning for a long range air rifle shooting. our local competition's distance for this is at 75..100..125 and 150 yards. My upcoming scope is the Athlon Argos BTR 10-40x56 having only 50moa of total elevation travel. I want to dial my turrets to each distance of our targets....that means i will really run out of elevation adjustment.

Any suggestion for an elevation adjustable base that will be at the lowest possible price point?

First, will that scope hold up to air guns? Scopes made for rifles frequently get killed by the reverse recoil of an air gun. There is a reason there are specific air rifle scopes out there. Scopes made for larger bore stuff with muzzle brakes will hold up to an air gun though. Not sure where that scope is going to fall in that regard.

What is your drop at 150? is it so much you can't just put a sloped rail on it and bee near the bottom of your adjustment range at 75 yards?

-Alex