• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elevation and Turrets

Arrr Emm

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2023
Virginia
Hey all

I have searched but not found the answer that I exactly need….

I have a 20MOA ADM mount and a Vortex 6-24x50 (new optic on the way). I zeroed and chronoed fine at 100yds with .308, 168gr, fed gold. However, I have only 9MOA of upwards elevation left. What exactly causes this and how to fix? Am I an idiot (wife says yes)? I am a long time competitive shooter but new to LR.

Thanks

If you are zeroed at 100 and only have 9 moa of up then that's just what you have. Lower amounts of internal elevation and sometime using a lot of windage and pushing the erector one way or the other can limit it at times. Most that have issues have it getting zeroed and hitting zero stops on the way down but not your issue. Just use it like it is until that new scope comes in. If an issue then then maybe have to look at the rifle itself.

Reactions: Lowlight
Depending on the action being used, sometimes you have to bed the rear of the base. Remove rear base screws and tighten the front screws and look for a gap at the rear base screw area. If there is a gap, bed it back there.

Depending on the action being used, sometimes you have to bed the rear of the base. Remove rear base screws and tighten the front screws and look for a gap at the rear base screw area. If there is a gap, bed it back there.
Ok. That makes sense too. Thanks. It’s a single piece mount.

Reactions: Gohring65
Is the 20moa base mounted in the correct orientation? Could be counterproductive to what you want if it's flipped around and mounted the wrong way.

Burris Signature XTR rings will fix any issue you have regardless.

Reactions: Chris1972
Is the 20moa base mounted in the correct orientation? Could be counterproductive to what you want if it's flipped around and mounted the wrong way.

Burris Signature XTR rings will fix any issue you have regardless.
Awww. That’s a good point. It may be. I will check.

Kind of difficult to mount a base backwards but easier on some rifles depending on receiver. Don't know what the rifle is so it's possible.

It’s a DD .308 with an ADM QD mount. I do not think it is backwards. Could I shift my zero from 100yds and achieve more elevation??

Yeah with a mount like that it would be tough to mount backwards. Post a pic of your set up.

No shifting zero won't gain you anything worth while.

Pics attached
7B1FA11A-86C6-4C27-8F28-B6C397C8B731.jpeg