• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Elevation line on NXS question.

SavageStag

Tech Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
Nellis AFB, NV
When I got my 5.5-22 NXS, the elevation knob was set at the 4th line (40 M.O.A.)
It seems kind of stupid to have 40 minutes already used up when they advertise 100 moa elevation adjustment.
I wanted to see if this was a common thing before I bother them about it.

Thanks in advance

Re: Elevation line on NXS question.

It has a TOTAL adjustment of 100 minutes. The base that you put on will determine the adjustment that you have left. The more angle your base has the more adjustment you have. Such as +20 or+40 and so on. What are you shooting and how far do you want to go with it?

Without some sort of canted base on your rifle you will find the scope close to the middle of the adjustment range to get your rifle zeroed. To reap the benifits of such a nice scope you should invest in a 20 MOA base. You want the scope to ride as close to the middle of the adj range as possible at your intended target distance to maximize your windage adjustments as well. You only have max windage when the scope in centered.
Hope this helps.
Rob

Thanks guys, I ordered a straight tapered base because I thought that I would never need more than 100 moa. I guess I will be ordering a new base.