• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes elevations gut check on scope

Crus75

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2008
Earth
I’m going thru this exercise for a gut check; pls bear with me..

my manual says I have 50” of interval elevation and windage travel at 100-yds. (@ .25” per clik).

I just checked the number of clicks I have and counted: 132 cliks UP & 90 cliks DOWN. (222 total)

So I assume at mechanical center, I have 111 or, I’ll just round to 100 since the cliks were getting tight at the top and at the bottom. This makes sense since 50” at 100-yds is 200 cliks overall interval travel.

Also, for ex. if my cartridge trajectory (25-06) at 900-yds is -258.4”, that would be 114.84 ‘come-up’ cliks for elevation correction? Which would be my max effective range..?

I just want to know if I need to go cross-town I can possibly take a realistic try at it… thanks