• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eley ammo in Volquartson

RH4540

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2008
Wisconsin
The last time I shot my Volquartson, 10/22 I was using Eley "standard" ammo. I think I tried about 30 different loads, and although the Eley "Tenex" was a little more accurate, the "standard" was about 1/4th the price, and the 2nd most accurate out of my rifle.

So, now I find out that Eley has changed it's whole line, and dropped the "standard". I was going to order a brick of their "sport" to try. Has anybody tried it? Does it have that wax shit on it that the old Eley used to have??

Thanks!

Re: Eley ammo in Volquartson

I just checked my stash of Eley. The sport appears to be a harder coating than the Tenex. While the Eley Sport groups ok out of my Volquartson, the Russian stuff seems to be best of all in mine. The Wolf Match Extra has the extra greasy stuff on the bullets.

Re: Eley ammo in Volquartson

I run sport through mine and it loves it. It does have the wax shit. I'm not sure when the change up was, but the lot I'm shooting I bought summer 2009.