• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eley Contact ammo

MarkCZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
Just got my order of Eley Contact. I have shot some from a friend, he shoots it in matches. His ammo shoots well at 200yds. shooting 2" steels. It was on sale at Killough for $5.00/box. I know it not top end ammo, but something for winds days, and not shoot up my good ammo.

I shot Eley Contact to 400 yards and it did very well. It seemed to be more consistent at long distances than most every other ammo tried on that outing.

Form box to box its seems to be the most reliable/accurate affordable 22lr out of my B14r. .6 at 50yd average and 2.5 at 200yd
although It's fast in my rifle? At 1148 AV at form four different lots 4000feet 55 degrees.
Are you guy getting the some muzzle velocity???🤔

Form box to box its seems to be the most reliable/accurate affordable 22lr out of my B14r. .6 at 50yd average and 2.5 at 200yd
although It's fast in my rifle? At 1148 AV at form four different lots 4000feet 55 degrees.
Are you guy getting the some muzzle velocity???🤔
Seems a little "fast", they advertise it at 1,090fps...but I have no idea what barrel length they use to get that number.

Reactions: ryankuhn
I got to shoot Contact Friday. It shot 0.5" at 50 and 2" at 200yds. Hitting steel and clays out to 400yds. This is great practice ammo. It runs less drop than Eley Club, past 200yds to 400yds.

I got to shoot Contact Friday. It shot 0.5" at 50 and 2" at 200yds. Hitting steel and clays out to 400yds. This is great practice ammo. It runs less drop than Eley Club, past 200yds to 400yds.
What muzzle velocity are you getting?
And what BC are your running
I'm at 1148fps with my magneto speed
And 200yd true BC.145

Last edited:
Seems a little "fast", they advertise it at 1,090fps...but I have no idea what barrel length they use to get that number.
Yeah it's hi. Just wondering if it's my rifle or is every one else seeing the same thing

got out yesterday and shot some more Contact. It is shooting MOA out to 225 yds. This ammo is great for $5.00/ box.

• Wow
Reactions: Cowpokey
I got to shoot Contact Friday. It shot 0.5" at 50 and 2" at 200yds.

How can the same .22LR ammo shoot to average the same MOA at 50 yards and at 200?

Accuracy performance with .22LR is non-linear.

How can the same .22LR ammo shoot to average the same MOA at 50 yards and at 200?

I not sure how it is doing it. It should not be shooting that good. But it is.

I haven't been able to shoot a 10 shot group at MOA at 200 yards with any ammo in 2 years of trying. I must be a really bad shooter :(
you probably need a better rifle, like a Winchester Wildcat, or if you want splurge a S&W 15-22. </sarcasm>

I don't think I can pull off MOA 10 round group(s) @ 200 with my Vudoo and my best lot of ammo either.

Reactions: littlepod
you probably need a better rifle, like a Winchester Wildcat, or if you want splurge a S&W 15-22. </sarcasm>

I don't think I can pull off MOA 10 round group(s) @ 200 with my Vudoo and my best lot of ammo either.
Bring the rifle and ammo to me and I'll try.....I just want to shoot free ammo through a vudoo

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey

Screenshot_20230111-154028_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230111-154047_Gallery.jpgtwo of my zeroing groups from last weekend. One is after making an adjustment. Left these are only three shot groups so when I say average. I'm being modest with my .6 and my sample size at distance is much smaller. I probably shot 50 groups to every 1 group at 200 yards so statistically it's not significant. Just a small Inkling of how the rifle performs at distance

So back to my original question is anybody seeing higher than average published velocities? I'm running 1148 mv and what BC are you using?

May have to try this in my 10/22, abou tto start gathering some better ammo to try out. Shoots pretty decent with bulk, anythings better than that.

Reactions: andybob
Bring the rifle and ammo to me and I'll try.....I just want to shoot free ammo through a vudoo
I let pretty much anyone shoot my Vudoo, using my ammo...because I'm not going to let anyone put their ammo in it. Where are you located?

10/22 with a 16” Kidd ultralight barrel.
30 deg F, 1097 fps avg for 10 shot group.
Sample groups at 100yds.
1 fired case failed to eject after shot #2 but ran like a sewing machine after that.
image.jpg

What happened to the other 42 rounds?
scope remount zero, magneto speed, verify elevation at 50/75/100/150/200 and positional practice.
I was pleasantly surprised at the 1/2 MOA group at 100 yds, but it was too small of a sample, but nevertheless, it was my best 100 yard group I’ve shot with any rimfire gun.

YMMV, happy shooting

I used G1 BC of 0.174 out to 200 yds (my range’s max) and lined up perfectly.
Thanks for the reply👌. My setup is 1148mv with magneto speed. And a bc of .145 it's been good within a .1 Mill out to 200yd. What rifle are you shooting?

Thanks for the reply👌. My setup is 1148mv with magneto speed. And a bc of .145 it's been good within a .1 Mill out to 200yd. What rifle are you shooting?
Frankenstein rifle. 10/22 with Kidd 16” ULW barrel, Bx trigger, Victor Co Titan stock.
it was below freezing and I’m at 500 ft ASL, so MV could be similar to yours.

I got out to the range today. Very little wing. 10 5 shot groups Agg. was 1.262" at 150yds. this ammo is shooting great for $ 5.00/ box Eley Club 10 5 shot groups Agg. 1.032" at 150yds. Gun, ammo, and EC tuner doing well.
Bergara B14R
Trigger Tech Diamond set 8oz.
Vortex Strike Eagle
EC V2 tuner

I've also seen the higher MV. My last measurement was 1119 out of a cz457 18in pro varmint at 75F using a pro-chrony (I know, it's what I have).

I use Contact for NRL22 matches inside 100. I haven't done any rigorous testing beyond that to measure group sizes but I can say I hit the 2 moa plates at 200 pretty easily.