• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elite Iron Alpha suppressor- Needs clarification on mounting

bunker buster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2023
My Desert tech HTI 50 BMG muzzle brake has a thread .

According to Desert tech I can just mount the Elite Iron suppressor onto the muzzle brake.

When I ask Elite Iron they said I should remove the muzzle brake and mount directly onto the barrel.

So my question is: Who is right?

I also watch a video of Desert tech showing them mounting the Elite Iron Alpha on the muzzle brake.

From the Elite Iron webpage:

"The Alpha is a direct thread suppressor, except for the Armalite AR50 and Steyr HS50 use the factory brake collar to attach the ALPHA. "

Also from the Desert Tech's website regarding the muzzle brake:

"This brake enhances accuracy by providing uniform gas dispersion, harmonic stabilization, and minimal barrel whip. Suppressor thread pitch is 1 7/16 x 18"

It also says the barrel threads are M25 x 1.5

On the Elite Iron website they give numerous thread options in the drop down menu. None of those currently listed though match the 1 7/16 x18 listed on the muzzle brake specs.

That is assuming you are using this brake:

Here is the Elite Iron page:

Go to the drop down menus and see what they offer. (screen shot below)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
This is the email I got from Desert tech:

"It threads directly onto the muzzle break"

Thanks,

Arturo “Elio” Perretta
Eastern Regional Sales Manager

[email protected]

Office: 801-975-7272 ext 212

Cell: 801-428-7853

Here's the Youtube video but its for the 375 Cheytac but the muzzle brake looks exactly the same as my 50 BMG.

Appreciate any real world experience user of HTI 50 BMG owner with Elite Iron Alpha suppressor who can chime in if it is muzzle brake mounted or direct barrel mounted (ie requires muzzle brake removal)

Appreciate any real world experience user of HTI 50 BMG owner with Elite Iron Alpha suppressor who can chime in if it is muzzle brake mounted or direct barrel mounted (ie requires muzzle brake removal)
I know it's been a long time but my Elite Iron Alpha 50 mounts directly to the barrel on the 50bmg and 416 Barrett.
My Elite Iron DT 408 mounts over the muzzle brakes. I just need to find out it the 416 and 50 have loctite or anything on them so I can remove them.