• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elite Iron Bipods

Long Range 338

Professional Ammo Waster
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 10, 2012
    Out West
    I've been eyeballing these for a while now and decided to bite the bullet. I went with the newer model that pans. Just wondering what others experiences have been. Any recommendations for the best methods of use or issues to avoid?

I have used both to great success

I find the panning model a bit loose, but otherwise equally as good as the rest.

I think the new lighter, non panning model is the best after having used both

Bipod arrived Monday and the fit and finish on the puppy is better than expected. I threw it on my rifle at home just to get a feel for stability and it really feels like its going to be noticeably more stable to shoot from then even an Atlas. Hoping to get some real world experience this weekend but so far I'm very impressed with how smooth and stable it makes the rifle feel having the center of gravity lower in the bipod rather than perched on top.

I love mine. It is an investment but well worth it. You. can adjust pan by the tension by the screw. Practice with it more than the prone position. The customer service is top notch. Just call them if you have any questions.

Rock solid and worth every penny. Have one mounted on a 338LM and used it in a Gunsite XLR class with great results.