• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elite not confirming a 6mph gone while AB, Shooter, and 4DoF do.

RackSqueezeBang

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2019
GA
I’m at my wits end.

AB Solver and Shooter ballistic apps are showing the conventialal wisdom that my 6.5 CM is a 6mph gun.

I cannot for the life of me to get me Kestrel Elite to replicate these results. The closest I can get is if I switch to a G1 curve; however, both Shooter and AB iOS are getting the expected results using G7.

It’s been a minute, but I have a Kestrel Sportsman that I upgraded to an Elite. I’m kinda sure the it matched the 6mph gun theory, but I cant remember.

I’ve thought about doing a factory reset, but I’m not sure if this will reset the Kestrel back to a Sportsman?

I’ve checked everything. DoF, WD, environmentals, MV, BH, BC, Ballistic curve…..

Help an OCD brotha out please!

I’m at my wits end.

AB Solver and Shooter ballistic apps are showing the conventialal wisdom that my 6.5 CM is a 6mph gun.

I cannot for the life of me to get me Kestrel Elite to replicate these results. The closest I can get is if I switch to a G1 curve; however, both Shooter and AB iOS are getting the expected results using G7.

It’s been a minute, but I have a Kestrel Sportsman that I upgraded to an Elite. I’m kinda sure the it matched the 6mph gun theory, but I cant remember.

I’ve thought about doing a factory reset, but I’m not sure if this will reset the Kestrel back to a Sportsman?

I’ve checked everything. DoF, WD, environmentals, MV, BH, BC, Ballistic curve…..

Help an OCD brotha out please!
It will not reset back to sportsman. The app and kestrel should match 100. Youre doing something wrong

Holy fark'n shit! After hours of messing with this damn thing and a factory restore, I finally decided to document all settings on an excel spreadsheet so I could compare settings side by side.

Problem solved.

The windage on the Kestrel is now universally about a 0.05 mils less than AB Mobile, but rounding produced the same results as well as confirming the general consensus that a 6.5CM is a 6mph gun. It was a full 2/10’s +/- across the board.

For shit's and giggles I compared the elevation corrections of the Kestrel compared to AB Mobile. The Kesteral was universally almost a tenth high. It appears that AB Mobile only carries the correction to one decimal and does not round up or down, vs the Kestrel, which carries the correction to two decimals, usually in the neighborhood of .07 to .09. So rounding up to the nearest tenth caused the Kestrel to be universally a tenth high on elevation, which is negligible and nothing a little truing can't fix.

AB Mobile has a setting to turn Coriolis Effect off. Kestrel Elite does not. How you turn Coriolis Effect off on the Elite is by setting the DoF to 0 degrees (12:00) AND setting the latitude to ZERO. Why the Kestrel Elite has a setting to turn off Spin Drift, Aerodynamic Jump but not Coriolis is pretty odd in my own ignorant opinion, but I never claimed to be the smartest guy in the room either. But if your reading this Kestrel, this would be a nice change so as to maintain the universal rule of KISS, keep it simple stupid.

While I'm on the topic of changes:
  • I would love to have the option to scroll through the range card 4 lines at a time so one press of the button gives me 4 new data points
  • I would like the option to adjust the range interval on range card. Option could be 5, 10, 25, 50, and 100 yard/meter incriments
  • I would like less button presses to capture wind and to capture the direction of fire. It takes 6 button clicks to capture DoF and the same amount when capturing wind. When prairie dog hunting out West with multiple targets that constantly move, or in a wide range of locations, and a constantly shifting wind, this became extremely tedious. Here's the process for DoF.
    • Select Tgt Menu
    • Scroll down one to DoF
    • Select Dof
    • Scroll down to Capture
    • Select Capture
    • Select Capture again
Anyway, problem solved and hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Last edited: